What a bunch of rigamarole

predator

Very Active Member
So I got a notice for an automatic renewal on a magazine. It said to call if I wanted to cancel, so I did. Not only did I not get a human being, I had to listen to a whiny computer voice that wouldn't officially cancel my subscription until I went all the way through it's little bribery program, ie, we'll let you keep getting this magazine for a couple more months at no cost, THEN you'll have to call again to really cancel. OR, take a pic of a free gift so you can continue receiving this magazine, but you will have to call again by a certain date to really really cancel. OR, please pretty please is there anything we can do so you don't cancel, we'll give you just about anything, but you'll still have to call again to say you really are serious about cancelling.

It took me, no kidding, 15 minutes to play this game. Mostly because I got disgusted and attempted to get a human by pushing 0, and had to start the whole process over again.

Wonder what the techie monitoring that program makes per hour.......

Pred

What damn magazine was that that you tried to cancel, please let us know so we don't take a sub. from it.

Brian

http://i41.tinypic.com/xvvgp.jpg[/IMG]

Kilo, I was going to answer your question with a smarta$$ answer, but I do not want Pred kicking my butt the next time I drive though SLC.

RELH

Kilowatts
you give up that "PlayGirl" subscription that you don't know mrs Killowatts is getting & you going to bee in deep doo-doo

nice post/thanks for sharring

Pred, ok as I'm reading your story, my mind goes back about 8 years ago, when I tried to drop them as well. A friend signed me up for a christmas gift. I tried the phone thing and got nowhere, so I just had the po stop delivering it. Waste of good paper.

Yelum

Seriously... if you want to hear the pigs squeal... CANCELL ALL YOUR CREDIT CARDS!!!!

If you want to purchase a 1 year deal.. write a check or what ever.

Never give anybody a card # that they can charge without your permission. F'n internet!

Been there... only solution is to not play their games.

Slick

Hey Pred ... I've always wondered what a "rigamarole" was?

Best answer? Main Entry: rig?ma?role
Variant(s): also rig?a?ma?role \ˈri-gə-mə-ˌr?l, ˈrig-mə-\
Function: noun
Etymology: alteration of obsolete ragman roll long list, catalog
Date: circa 1736
1 : confused or meaningless talk
2 : a complex and sometimes ritualistic procedure

Personal Definition: One of them 2 hook bra straps after a couple of beers.

Slick

i thought for sure this was a recipe for a new casterole....suprisingly i didnt have problems when i stopped petersons 4 wheel and offroad....but i think the mag went down hill after peterson quit publishing it went to primedia i believe

47e9fcb352ad748f.jpg

has anyone seen my kittie

>Hey Pred ... I've always wondered
>what a "rigamarole" was?
>
>Best answer? Main Entry: rig?ma?role
>
>Variant(s): also rig?a?ma?role \ˈri-gə-mə-ˌr?l, ˈrig-mə-\
>Function: noun
>Etymology: alteration of obsolete ragman roll
>long list, catalog
>Date: circa 1736
>1 : confused or meaningless talk
>
>2 : a complex and sometimes
>ritualistic procedure
>
>Personal Definition: One of them 2
>hook bra straps after a
>couple of beers.
>
>Slick

Just drink a few more and you will chew right threw it....Might have to chew threw your arm come morning though...caution is advised...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

First of all, I am shocked that any of you heathens knew how to use a dictionary!

Secondly, I would not recommend attempting 3-hook brastraps at a BAC above whatever you were when you wrote that.

Somehow I picture the strap coming apart like a demon-possessed bungee cord, whapping you in the face and then you sitting in a chair at the ER with two black eyes loudly proclaiming that you lost your beer.

I dunno, maybe I am just too imaginative.

Pred

Hey Preddy,
LMAO!
COPPER BOY with 2 black eyes and an un-successful attempt,lol!
Do you remember when you use-ta-could RUS?(Un-latch with one hand?)
}>}>}>}>}>!!!

I love not acting my age,
Damn I love my NASCAR race,
And Hell yes I love my Truck!

I'll never forget the gal's that would help a guy out. Most would just say "Oh for crying out loud" & whip that brazier right up through the turtle neck & onto the seat. Never figured out how they did that but real thankful they did.

Unfortunately, that was usually it.... game over.... take me home.... I gunna tell my dad... Amazing how guilt works with women.

Lucky for most of us guys guilt left the building with Elvis! lol

Slick

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom