West TX 'Lope

S

scottyboy

Here is a pic of a goat that a good friend of mine and Drummond's killed this morning (opening morning) in West Texas east of El Paso. He called me as soon as he hit the dirt at 7:45 TX time, which is 5:45 AZ time! He has been watching this goat for a while now. He had him patterned down The goat is a hair over 16 on one side and about 16 1/2 on the other. .
He should go around 81". I just hope that I can even see one that big when I go on my goat hunt back home in TX next Thurs. !!!
Hey Buddy, congrats on a super animal, you lucky SOB!!!!

Scottyboy

reedslope2.jpg

reedslope.jpg

Holy hell Scott!!!! You weren't exaggerating on the size of this thing!!! Congrats to your friend.

Nice visiting with you today down in the desert. I'm sitting here nursing a beer as I nurse the scratches on my arms & legs from all that cat-claw.....

Good luck on your hunt next week. We'll talk about about my plans for my deer hunt when you get back.

S.

:)

Heckuva nice loper, I love the wide, flaring horns. Congrats to the hunter on a beaut!

Beautiful buck. He looks way fat like he needed to be on diet. Describe that basooka he used.

Kevin was my neighbor growing up and I actually shot my goat last year on the same ranch and with that same bazooka. It was a last minute feal for me last year and I hustled to the ranch without having the opportunity to shoot my gun. Kevin shot this antelope at better that 500 yds with that 'zooka. Its a SWEET gun. 300RUM done at Hill Country Customs in New Braunfels TX.

Drum

Congrats Kevin.

Wow Holy Moly!! Nice goat, and yep, that sure is West Texas, all right, only greener than I ever remember it!!

Outstanding! I'm sure you're right but it looks bigger than 81 to me. Congratulations on one fine Antelope.

Tell your friend congrats and good luck yourself on your hunt. That speed goat really appears to be one of those long, tall Texans. Impressive height. Did you go to Photoshop and change the color of the foilage. I don't remember West Texas being that green, although I do remember hunting antelope near Valentine years ago and couldnt get back to camp due to a couple of inches of rain one day.

Doug / RedRabbit

You guys would not believe the amount of rainfall we have received in west TX this year. It really is that green.

Drum

Holy Hell! Great goat!

Michael~All Gods creatures welcome... right next to the mashed potatoes and gravy.

Kevins wife Judy killed a great goat tonight on the same ranch, I will try and get permission to post some pics but it is massive and will gross over 80"

Drum

Here is the pic of Kevin's wife Judy with her great antelope. She shot the buck the day after I got mine. It is her first lope. The buck grosses 81 2/8ths, and net scores the EXACT same as mine: 80 2/8ths. Her buck is 15 3/8ths tall, has 6 5/8ths bases, but the best measurement on him is the third circumference, which is 5 2/8ths above the prong. Awesome buck!
Kev, tell Judy congrats from all of us.
We'll see ya out here in a few weeks. Get ready to work your butt off for that coues buck.......
Scottyboy

judysgoat2.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom