West Texas Hogs

tailchasers

Long Time Member
Been researching hog hunting in western texas for our 2012 vacation and wow there is a bunch of places offering hog hunts. I was hoping someone could lend us some insight and some ranchs worth checking out. We are seeking an affordable 2-3 day hunt with lodging and a good opportunity to harvest some meat sized pigs with a rifle. Send me a PM if desired. Thanks...

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

I should have referenced the state map first before I said West Texas. Big ole state!! We are seeking San Antonio region and west of there on down to Corpus Christi. Or any place along the way between Colorado and Texas.

up anyway."

A good one is ADL7 ranch. My uncle owns the ranch and has some pretty good deals. I helped him last year in Jan when he had 22 hunters come to hunt pigs! He usually has some great deals on pigs I think each person gets 3 pigs and It's a 2-3 day hunt. each additional pig is $100. Oh and he is near San Antonio, the ranch is in Crystal city. You can go to ADL7.COM to see what he has and call and talk to him.

I know there are a few few public places where a hog could be had. I can't seem to come to terms with paying to shoot a pig :)

Good stuff NV! Nice place!

Z; I can understand where you are coming from but with limited time available my options are rather limited. I only have 2-3 days too commit.

up anyway."

Check out the Y-bar ranch near Tilden. (Between San Antonio and Corpus.) I've hunted there a couple times. Not the cheapest place, but a first class operation that won't break the bank.
Bill

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom