Well? Hunts started, let's talk

hossblur

Long Time Member
Beautiful morning on the opener. Headed to the top secret spot. Combat archery started,@Bux n Dux 😁.

34 yards, youngest got reminded of wind by a 3 point😁

My secret spot wasn't too secret, but still, opening morning is opening morning.

Saw 8 bucks, none excited me, that 3 got Jr excited.

30ish head elk with bigger bull(1.5 miles or so). But they were quiet.

Midday the monsoon hit with a vengeance, ending a good day.

Right before dark jr picked up a buck that fired dad up. High 20's, fat as hell.

4:15 alarm was a BIATCH.

The Yotas locker was nice but not enough, a quick trip off the road into the bush was a heartbeating detour👍.

Got her headed back on road, then fought for a bit to get to parking.

Slipped in silent(like a senior citizen ninja).

Storm most of the night, of course that buck would be out feeding.

Nope. Nada. Only grouse followed my plan😁.

Jr says it's elk now, so dad's bow goes away.

So, howd you all do?

I got to hunt for a full 15 minutes. Heart shot, only made it 80 yards. Saw lots of bulls and 1 giant bear. Lots of hunters on the trails. Never encountered another hunter on the hill. Great morning!
IMG_5835.jpeg

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom