Welcome to Utah!

Wapitiwilly

Very Active Member
This picture was on the sports page in the Salt Lake Trib on Sunday, go figure!

3737sltrib.jpg

Good poster pic for hunter safety success. "Watch that muzzle", "ALWAYS point that rifle in a safe direction", etc....how soon they forget! :(

Is the barrel of that rifle the kid is pointing at his father even legal length?

"There is no reason why I have to tolerate your stupidity if you are unwilling to tolerate mine." ME

Do you have a link to that article I would love to pull the pic for my hunter saftey class that I teach.

DeadI/Jared
46e8aeb1660028c5.gif

The muzzle of the rifle is pointed behind the father. If the father were to move towards his son, his elbow would be touching the fore-grip of the rifle. This is also determined by the size of the stock compared to the size of the barrel (thus making the barrel look short) but looking at the stock and scope, that barrel is standard 22-24" in length. The photograph has what almost looks like "pin cushion effect". the picture is just misleading at the angle it was taken, but funny none the less.

That is what I was thinking. The rifle is not pointed directly at dad.

But a sling and some gloves would both have been a good idea. The sling dad could have provided, but the son probably would have forgot the gloves anyway ; )

>That is what I was thinking.
> The rifle is not
>pointed directly at dad.
>
>But a sling and some gloves
>would both have been a
>good idea. The sling
>dad could have provided, but
>the son probably would have
>forgot the gloves anyway ;
>)
I looked at that pic Sunday in the news paper myself. And the gun is pointed behind the Father. The boy should be holding his rifle with he's hands not he's sweat shirt! The first pic on here looks like it is off an computer and taken with a cell phone at an angle. Making it look like he is aiming it at he's Dad!

Kinda funny how anyone can justify carry a rifle like that with a person next to them is unbelievable! That situation is a recipe for disaster.

I'm no expert but I do teach hunter safety classes and this would not be acceptable to me. I really wouldn't care if it is pointed at his fathers shoulder or 2 feet behind him. If you're responsible enough to carry a gun you're responsible enough to come prepared with gloves and appropriate clothing. It doesn't send a good message.

Shouldn't use a cradle carry when next to someone , even if you were doing it the right way. Shoulder Carry people, Action open. Ok kiddies, do we have it now?

>The muzzle of the rifle is
>pointed behind the father. If
>the father were to move
>towards his son, his elbow
>would be touching the fore-grip
>of the rifle. This is
>also determined by the size
>of the stock compared to
>the size of the barrel
>(thus making the barrel look
>short) but looking at the
>stock and scope, that barrel
>is standard 22-24" in length.
>The photograph has what almost
>looks like "pin cushion effect".
> the picture is just
>misleading at the angle it
>was taken, but funny none
>the less.

Two inches behind him or two feet, it's pointed in his general direction. Why not put it over his shoulder? It's basic gun safety, don't point you gun in an unsafe direction.

That kid has no control over that gun!
#1 - A quick turn to his right and that gun is pointed right at dads chest.
#2 - with his hands inside his coat, how does he go about gripping it. If he were to trip and fall who knows how that gun ends up.

That's a poster for how NOT to carry a firearm for sure

It's always an adventure!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom