Welcome home 1041st

Longun

Long Time Member
The Wyoming National Guard 1041st Eng Co of Western Wyoming flew into SLC and and were bused to Rock Springs yesterday after their 1 year tour in Iraq. I was down there for the official welcoming home party helping out with the American Legion Honor Guard and personally thanked over 20 soldiers who did their duty for our great nation. Just wanted to express a great thank you to all of them on here cause I know some of them are hunters.
I asked everyone of them how was it? Everyone of them replied "IT WAS HOT!" We did have one gentleman show up at the American Legion Post #24 and when he walked thru the door I said that man WILL NOT BE BUYING ANY DRINKS TONIGHT. And they were on the house for him. He said that he was very proud to be over there and they drove over 1,000,000 miles convoy duty and that out of 160 men and women there was only 1 death(non-combat related) and 3 wounded and 2 were on the buses and they walked off smiling. Thanks again 1041st, you made Wyoming very proud!!

It's always good to see our troops come home safe...Keep up the good work guys!!!

We all owe them our gratitude. But for their dedication and service, we probably wouldn't be able to enjoy the freedoms we still have here at home. Thank you, soldiers!

>We all owe them our gratitude.
> But for their dedication
>and service, we probably wouldn't
>be able to enjoy the
>freedoms we still have here
>at home. Thank you,
>soldiers!

Ditto!

I concure with the rest of the fellows here, welcome home and Mike too for his dedication with the American Legion.

Brian

Give them our greatest thanks for their dedication and service to their country and it's citizens.

RELH

Glad to see those guys come home. I know quite a few of them, they are good guys and some of them are very good hunters.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom