Weird Winter Weather

NVPete

Very Active Member
Really unusual weather around eastern Nevada for the end of January...I was out hiking, squirrels running about; I even saw a small lizard...then, to top it off, I heard a local checking his traps had a RATTLESNAKE in one!
(not the snake, but a similar one-Great Basin Rattlesnake)
WTH? :eek:!
3540rattlesnake_having_dinner.jpg

AGREED! This weather has me terrified for the loonnnnggggg summer months ahead. I'm a little south of you in moapa valley and we even have trees budding out!

And how about this, at our shop we have one of those government weather station things. in the mornings about 6:30 its the coldest at about 26 degrees then midday it gets between 70-73! pretty drastic changes.

wildland firemen will be really busy this summer!

Crazy here in south Utardia too Pete. 40's & 50's since around the 5th of Dec. Before that -15. I haven't seen anything like this year in the last 60 that I been here.

Maybe Al Gore is on to something lol.

Slick

"The Road goes on forever & the Party never Ends"

SEEMS THE CRITTER HERDS WILL HAVE A EASY WINTER/ SURVIVAL RATE, & AND THE FIRE LOAD WILL BE THIN DUE TO LACK OF GROWTH..............LETS DRAW SOME TAGS.........YD.

Winter is not over yet but so far this has been the driest winter since 1929 here in northern Kali. I've been using sun screen in the kayak and on the golf course.

I picked a good year to retire:)

Eel

Was dog training last Sunday and had one dog bit, Lucky for us it only hit with one fang and didn't get much in her. She was sick for a few days.
Ground squirrels are out in force, Bear waking up, LOOKS like it going to be a HOT Fricking summer here in Slo Cal.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

>Winter is not over yet but
>so far this has been
>the driest winter since 1929
>here in northern Kali. I've
>been using sun screen in
>the kayak and on the
>golf course.
>
>I picked a good year to
>retire:)
>
>Eel

Eel, back in '29, what was that summer like for you? Did you golf any then? Make a canoe out of a log?

[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup, I just stir it.[/font]

NVBighorn, not funny. 1929 was the start of the Depression. I lost my entire life savings ($57) in the stock market. I was heavily invested in womens garter belts.

I never fully recovered.

Eel

I was out trail walking last week and got pictures of around 20-25 robins in some of the Hawthorne trees next to the trail. Don't usually see robins here until late March or ear;y April and then only a few at a time until Spring really opens up. Puzzling for sure.

Strange ?? 18 degrees @6am in the bighorn basin. Been snowing for the last 3 hours. Seems normal to me....LOL.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom