Weekend Goat Trip Pics

BCBOY

Long Time Member
Gave er a go this weekend with the boy and the weather was typical to hunting goats here in the Interior Wetbelt of BC, pissin' rain and fogged out. Not the greatest conditions to be climbing peaks that are steeper than the back of God's head. The forecast was for light showers just in the morning but it became obvious that the torrential rain was with us all day, so we bailed for the saftey of the truck before things got too dangerous. Spent the rest of the day glassin' any fog free goat perch from the warmth of the truck. No goats spotted. Here are some pics of our morning hike.
Sept20013a.jpg

Sept20016a.jpg

The day was still productive though.
Sept20042a.jpg

Tied this big boy up for my Oct Limited Entry Any Bull Hunt. He is already starting to feel the urge and was very vocal. He showed great interest in my cow calling.
Sept20005a.jpg

Sept20005b.jpg

Sept20004a.jpg

Sept20011a.jpg

Sept20077a.jpg

Sept20081a.jpg

Sept20074a.jpg

Sept20075a.jpg

Woke to some fresh snow on the peaks this morning.
Sept20058a.jpg

Sept20067a.jpg

Sept20066a.jpg

A young muley buck we encountered.
Sept20087a.jpg

Sept20090a.jpg

The last time I posted up a pic like this I was called a $hithead for months afterward. ;) What do you think, ginormous black or grizz?
Sept20083a.jpg

I know it's been along time since I drew any kind of tag but I don't remember goats looking like any of those pictures:)

Just kidding! Great pics looks like you guys had some fun...! Keep them coming!

Good pics BCBOY! I've been in your country and I envy you. Keep us updated on your hunt too. Keep that boy of yours by your side every time you go out. You won't regret it.

"My sickle has a boattail"
"hidden soles leave .308 holes"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom