Weather and Bird Questions

Cornhusker

Long Time Member
According to the Game Commission for the first time we are seeing arctic owls in Nebraska. I had never seen one until Sunday when I saw 2 when I was pheasant hunting. Man what a really beautiful large bird.

I have a question I wonder if anyone would have an idea about. We have for the last decade had a large number of bald eagles on the river and lakes they've kind of become common place. This year we have quite a few golden eagles now those things are big in comparison.

Sunday I watched a golden eagle pick up a dried cow pie fly to a couple hundred feet and drop it come down and pick at it. The eagle probably did this between 10 and 15 times with different cow pies, why does a carnivore pick up crap and drop it? I'm really curious and can't seem to come up with the answer on the internet. Stuff like this always happens when you don't have a camera.

The rancher told me he/she was breaking them open for dung beetles which I've seen in Africa, but never around here. I guess I should check more cow crap. I figured the guy didn't know what he was talking about.

Sounds like that rancher really knows his Shiit..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Geezzz Snort, that's a crappy joke and plain out stinks.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

That bird was trying to hit mice with those pies.LOL
I have a snow owl that was taken by my great grandpa they are awesome to look at.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

We have more snowy owls here than I ever remember.

The golden eagle was eating something. I have watch ducks by thousands pick through the cow crap in feedlots for corn.

Nemont

Up in SD they are seeing record numbers of them this year.They sure are a beautiful bird, But hell on wheels for killing evrything around.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

When I was. A kid I used to flip cow pies for earth worms for fish bait so maybe he was eating earth worms?

EARTH WORMS SNORT! EARTH WORMS.

Bill

Kill the buck that makes YOU happy!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom