'..we had sharks'

feddoc

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Jul-31-14 AT 00:17AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jul-31-14 AT 00:17?AM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Jul-31-14 AT 00:15?AM (MST)

Makes USN deep water survival training seem pretty darn tame. These guys were some tough old birds.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...polis-survivor-first-morning-sharks/13207061/
1406346284006-USSINDY-07.JPG

USS Indianapolis survivor Edgar Harrell speaks about the suicide of USS Indianapolis Capt. Charles Butler McVay III, before the survivors were able to posthumously exonerated him. Harrell is the author of "Out of the Depth: An Unforgettable WWII Story of Survival, Courage, and the Sinking of the USS Indianapolis," and is one of the 36 living survivors from the sinking of the USS Indianapolis.

Fascinating! I could listen to those guys tell stories all day long. Old boy still is sharp as a tack.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

a different time, different type of man.
thanks for sharing

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

I have two books that tell of the sinking of the Indy and survival, and death, of the crew. Both very difficult reads.

My father in Law worked with a guy who survived the Indianopolis. My FIL only found out the guy had been on the ship when he read his obituary even though he worked with him for 30 years.

I new a fellow who's father was a high ranking officer on the USS Indianapolis and
lived to tell about it. Unbelievable what they went through. We just had a memorial tonight for Louis Zamporini who pasted away recently at
the high school he attended.
The city had a squadron of vintage WWII aircraft flyover in a missing man formation. It was really special.
There will be a motion picture out soon produced by Angelina Jolie about his WWII heroics of survival at sea.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom