WE GOT ANY PROFESSIONAL KILLERS ON HERE???

elkassassin

Long Time Member
I'm Talkin Weed Killers!

Looking For A Good Concoction/Mix To Knock Out Morning Glory/Morning Glory In Lawn Grass Without Wiping The Lawn Grass Out?

I Can't Remember if 2,4-D Ester Or Amine is The Best For Use on Lawns?

And I Don't Remember What The Difference Is Between The Two?

And What Would Be The Best Temp For Spraying The Concoction?

Is There Anything You Can Add To The Mix To Knock The Morning Glory Out Without Knocking The Lawn Grass Out That Would Be More Potent?

Surely Somebody Here Is A PRO At It?

Thanks!

Hey Now!

I'm Not Parting With My DEW!:D

I've Heard About The Soap Trick But Never Tried It!

Thanks Guys!

Anybody Tried Adding Ammonium Sulfide To The Concoction?

This Stuff I'm About To Brew Up Is Probably Not Gonna Be KALI Approved!:D

"Trimec Classic Broadleaf Herbicide" Add a little shot of Dawn Dishwashing soap as a sticker to cut the wax on the weed. Spray in the early morning when the weed is sucking in any moisture or dew!

Ester is too volatile in hot weather you want amine this time of year. neither will kill morning glory they just pizz it off.

I'm sure there are some lawn specific herbicides that will get it but Tordon is the answer for killing anything that's not grass. but nothing but grass will grow behind it for about a decade.

I’ve used 2-4D successful but last August I finally got pissed off with perpetual dandelions and strengthen the mix, I’m still dealing with the dead grass spots in my front yard. I called a professional weed man in this spring, haven’t had a freckling dandelion all summer. $100 to do a 100 by 220 foot lot.

I found drowning morning glory works quite well, the more you water, the thicker the Kentucky Blue Grass grows, chocking out the MG.

Whatever Tog suggests would get my vote for a solution. Farmers know what kills weeds!!!!

Elk,
When you buy your amine, check label and spend a little more for the bottle with highest percentage of acid.
Morning Glory ( real name is Field Bindweed) will take at least five years of spraying hatred to bring it in to check. Then, miss one spraying and all the years of work just went in the toilet.
Don’t spray ether concentrations in heat, the heat will turn the acid in to a volatile ‘neighbor prize rose bush killing cloud of death’.
Stick with amine solutions in cool weather.
Use lots of water to put your amine down so plant takes it in to it’s system.
Then feed your turf with a quality dry fertilizer.
Kill with wet stuff, feed with dry stuff.
The combo stuff sucks.

Hey Now!

I'm Not Parting With My DEW!:D

I've Heard About The Soap Trick But Never Tried It!

Thanks Guys!

Anybody Tried Adding Ammonium Sulfide To The Concoction?

This Stuff I'm About To Brew Up Is Probably Not Gonna Be KALI Approved!:D

Vinegar mixed with plain water would be banned in KALI, because it would be causing global warming for some reason ?

Triclopyr kills broadleaves very well--even the woody ones. If you can get your hands on some Garlon, use it. It will not harm grass, so I have used it almost exclusively to clear pastures and ditches, and I cannot recall an instance of Bindweed every growing back.

I hate bindweed but the deer love it and spread it everywhere. I’m with Lump - I spend years fixing dead spots in my lawn from the 2-4D.

I use Trimec but when it gets over 80° the plants want to take up from the roots and it isn't as efficient. I add a little surfactant to the mix. About 1 tablespoon of Dawn to a gallon of water and Herbicide. Add it in after the water or mix it with a spoon into the herbicide and then add to water slowly. You don't want too much foam.
It isbthe additive of Banvel that makes Trimec better than 2-4D alone.

Elk,
When you buy your amine, check label and spend a little more for the bottle with highest percentage of acid.
Morning Glory ( real name is Field Bindweed) will take at least five years of spraying hatred to bring it in to check. Then, miss one spraying and all the years of work just went in the toilet.
Don’t spray ether concentrations in heat, the heat will turn the acid in to a volatile ‘neighbor prize rose bush killing cloud of death’.
Stick with amine solutions in cool weather.
Use lots of water to put your amine down so plant takes it in to it’s system.
Then feed your turf with a quality dry fertilizer.
Kill with wet stuff, feed with dry stuff.
The combo stuff sucks.
Actually if there is a 4 or 5mph wind the volatile cloud will just pass by. I never, ever had a problem killing any flowers, bushes or trees when spraying and I had a commercial and residential business for years.

Actually if there is a 4 or 5mph wind the volatile cloud will just pass by. I never, ever had a problem killing any flowers, bushes or trees when spraying and I had a commercial and residential business for years.
The businessman that did such a great job on my dandelions, in my lawn this year, also killed my two Saskatoon bushes too, so it does happen……?

The businessman that did such a great job on my dandelions, in my lawn this year, also killed my two Saskatoon bushes too, so it does happen……?
Maybe he wasn't as careful. I used so many gallons of Roundup, Trimec and 2- 4D and Sterilant it is funny I'm not dead.
I sprayed a Golf Course with a boom attached to my truck also. It was a 35 acre course.

If you are afraid to triple wash a spray tank after using weed killer you can neutralize it with water and ammonia. Then rinse twice thoroughly.

Scott’s Turf Builder Weed and Feed.
It was on sale the other day at Sams, $40 for 45 pounds which is about half price.
But like eel said, make sure your lawn isn’t all weeds.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom