Way to keep it classy Richfield...

Roy

LAST EDITED ON Nov-01-12 AT 09:00AM (MST)[p]Absolutely disgusting. Sad that the whole town is going to be judged by the idiocy of this one individual.

Richfield residents 'disgusted' over distributed racist letter
October 31, 2012

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=22...ents-disgusted-over-distributed-racist-letter

RICHFIELD ? A racist newsletter posted on the doors of some Richfield homes has residents in an uproar.

The letter, which was taped to residents' doors claims to be from the city's neighborhood watch, but investigators say that's not true at all.

The note says a family of African Americans will be moving into the neighborhood, warning about the impending "intrusion," as the letter writer says. "We realize this causes alarm for a few citizens."

The letter then instructs anyone with concerns about "this families intrusion" to sign a petition at the city courthouse.

"It's blatantly false and it wasn't us that did it," said Richfield City Police Sgt. Trent Lloyd.

Sgt. Lloyd said the fake newsletter is upsetting to the police department, and was not sanctioned by anyone in the city or the neighborhood watch. They are looking for help in finding who taped the letter to neighborhood homes.

"We've already got surveillance video from one house it occurred at," Sgt. Lloyd said. "It only occurred at nine homes."

The letter is also not sitting well with the residents of Richfield. One person who emailed KSL said they were "disgusted." Another called it "a hate crime."

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

maybe it was the people moving in that put the letters out and they are just looking for a racial lawsuit. Who knows why anyone would go through all that trouble

who farted?

NVbighornanusstabber you are reading into something that simply isnt there. Maybe I should have put a larger space between my two sentences. One was saying it could have been the new neighbors

the other was saying basically I can't see why anyone would go through all the trouble in the first place to bring them down.

Things often get lost in type or people often take what the writer says and only hear what they want to hear. Heck who knows maybe the letter on the door was an invite to a neighborhood barbeque and the news and new neighbors have turned into something that "isn't" just like you did with my post.

who farted?

Isn't it just as silly to judge a whole town based upon one isolated incident? Racist pricks can be found in any town across the nation. Racism isn't limited to just whitey being the perpetrator either.

In regards to what SW is saying, maybe, maybe not. I don't think it is all that absurd of a possibility. I take you back to circa 2001-2002. There was a minority who owned a restaurant I believe up near Park City. In the middle of the night, the restaurant was burned to the ground. The news did a big piece on it that ran several days. It was obviously a hate crime because of the owners middle eastern descent. The owner gave several sound bytes for the news in which he explained his dumbfounded disgust that such intolerant, hateful people in Utah could burn his place to the ground. He and the news went on and on about opening up discussion about tolerance and the PC spin words.

Long story short, in the end it wasn't intolerant whitey after all. The dipchit burned his own place to the ground because he was in the red and wanted to get the insurance money and get out. The news and all the lemmings of society so eager to throw the race cards took the bait hook line and sinker.

So in the end, you just never know and sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

"Racist pricks" Sad but true there are a few in South Utardia.. One of them worked for me in the Richfield area. I had to turn him in to our Human Resource people once because of the hate garbage he was e-mailing on company 'puters.

Having said that most of the people I've met in Richfield are the greatest folks on the planet. Plus it's right in the middle of hunting Nervana.

Slick

"The Road goes on forever & the Party never Ends"

LAST EDITED ON Nov-02-12 AT 04:24PM (MST)[p]Richfield is one of my favorite stops and I have found the community always friendly and helpful.
No way is this unfortunate incident a reflection of the good people of Richfield.

Eldorado

"Absolutely disgusting. Sad that the whole town is going to be judged by the idiocy of this one individual"

Only an idiot would judge the town and if they did, why should anyone care?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom