Waterfowl in So. Utah

RidgeRebel

Hey guys
I live near St. George and I was hoping that somebody could help me out on finding some places to hunt ducks and geese in So. Ut.? I have hunted ducks up in No. Ut. but I don't know too many places to try down here. I anybody has any hints for me it would be much appreciated. Thanks

RidgeRebel

Not to be smart, but anywhere there is water. You won't see much until it is cold.

There are some great sposts on the virgin river. There are a lot of birds there once the cold weather moves in.

I know a few other spots if you send a p.m.

smellybuck is right you wont start seeing much until things start to freeze up north. When that happens the little creeks will fill up. I have hunted central utah for years and I would say that down here late season there is a good mixed bag compared to middle of the state north. so its a trade off for me not to many birds to start the season but in the end you get some really cool birds. A couple of years ago I shot a male wood duck just ouside of St George. Hope you can cancel some flights this year!

Thanks for the advice guys. I will be looking forward to the colder months. Are there any places to hunt that creek that runs along hwy 89 by Hatch or is it all private? I was planting willows there last winter for Dedicated Hunter hours and there was tons of duck and geese there but we were on private land.

Rebel,

Besides all of the Golf Courses that we are subsidizing the options are limited. I have had luck jump shooting on the sevier river on 89 as you mentioned. As well as letting the air out of some honkers up by enterprise. I am curios what it would be like on quitchampaw (spelling?). I have been hunting deer on the bumblebee and looked down and seen all of the water and wondered what it would be like.

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, then why did He make them out of meat?"
~Ted Nugent

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom