Water Guzzlers best deal you’ll ever see

Forested4000

I have two rainmaker brand 1000 gallon big game water guzzlers. This is the exact same brand used by the Utah DWR and Utah DNR. Attract and hold game on your property. $2000 each. These are $4000 each from the manufacture in the Seattle area. Text 801-673-0551 for pick up From soldier Summit Utah

hunting around livestock water tanks even salt blocks that ranchers use isn't baiting.

I've Seen Years In The Book Cliffs Them Mighta Worked Better Than Apples!

But you'd Have To Haul Water To Fill Them!

Lumpy,
I will be sitting a guzzler and I may have made it myself, so you can follow me while I fill it up each day if you would like. To old to do anything else. :)

Lumpy,
I will be sitting a guzzler and I may have made it myself, so you can follow me while I fill it up each day if you would like. To old to do anything else. :)
May as well bob for apples while your at it. Water, apples, prickly pear…….. bait’s bait.

So I guess that farmers field is bait too. Best not hunt it. LOL
Nope…….. neither are apple orchards. But apples gathered and placed for attracting and hold deer to…… hunt/kill are……. So is corn, hay, prickly pears, or any other substance….. when used for that purpose. When water is gathered and use to hunt/kill deer………. it’s baiting……..

“Attract and hold game on your property.”

Explain, how it’s not baiting.

Be careful what these rules and regulations consequence’s are.

I Think Me & Lumpy Should Start a Committee!

We Gonna Ban Any Kind Of Water That Might Pull Game In!:D
Ha….. don’t think so BC. I had my chance with committees. We can all see how productive that was. ?

“Banning” as a solution is gonna turn into a never ending steeplechase, for both the bureaucrats and the hunters.

Trying to have you cake and eat it too is going to croak the whole lifestyle.

TriState’s answer to managing big game is making more since everyday. “Decide how many animals need to be removed from the herd and let sportsman remove them way the want, day or night, with an F-16 to a pocket knife.” Just make sure you don’t step on someone else’s foot while your at it and keep a large enough base herd to maximize a healthy surplus ever year, regardless of weather conditions. (It works very well for agriculture.)

And I Quote:

keep a large enough base herd to maximize a healthy surplus ever year

Did Somebody In This State Forget To Abide By This Rule/Thinking?

Ha….. don’t think so BC. I had my chance with committees. We can all see how productive that was. ?

“Banning” as a solution is gonna turn into a never ending steeplechase, for both the bureaucrats and the hunters.

Trying to have you cake and eat it too is going to croak the whole lifestyle.

TriState’s answer to managing big game is making more since everyday. “Decide how many animals need to be removed from the herd and let sportsman remove them way the want, day or night, with an F-16 to a pocket knife.” Just make sure you don’t step on someone else’s foot while your at it and keep a large enough base herd to maximize a healthy surplus ever year, regardless of weather conditions. (It works very well for agriculture.)
Tri-state's answer???? Pretty sure everyone has that same objective, but do tell how shooting less bucks is good for the growth of the herd?

Do agricultural outfits run a 1 to 1 bull to cow ratio?

You tell us how to grow more deer and we will listen. But if your answer is to shoot less bucks by a large margin that isn't going to do sh!t.

Last edited:
Tri-state's awnser???? Pretty sure everyone has that same objective, but do tell how shooting less bucks is good for the growth of the herd?

You tell us how to grow more deer and we will listen. But if your answer is to shoot less bucks by a large margin that isn't going to do sh!t.
Ha…… that would waste both our time Jake. But to use your term, trying to have your cake and eat it too, is a lot like having your cake going to sh!t……. no?

Hey Jake!

Ya We Need More Numbers Of Deer!

We Also need A Few Bucks Doing Some Of The Breeding With Good Genetics!

No They Don't Need To Be BIG Bucks!

But We Need Some Decent Genetics Left Come RUT Time!

We Are Lacking!

Tri-state's answer???? Pretty sure everyone has that same objective, but do tell how shooting less bucks is good for the growth of the herd?

So you are saying if a hunter hunts over a farmer's water tank you can be ticketed for baiting. same with his hay stack. same as with his food plot(fields). FOR baiting YOU would have had to place the bait or you can be a hundred yards away and not even know that there is a pile of apples just over the hill out of sight.

So you are saying if a hunter hunts over a farmer's water tank you can be ticketed for baiting. same with his hay stack. same as with his food plot(fields). FOR baiting YOU would have had to place the bait or you can be a hundred yards away and not even know that there is a pile of apples just over the hill out of sight.
I re-read what said. I know I’m dyslexic, so I may have misread what I said, but I don’t think I said that.

Hey Jake!

Ya We Need More Numbers Of Deer!

We Also need A Few Bucks Doing Some Of The Breeding With Good Genetics!

No They Don't Need To Be BIG Bucks!

But We Need Some Decent Genetics Left Come RUT Time!

We Are Lacking!
How is that working out for the Henry's Bess?

Extremely limited hunting opportunity with great genetics yet that herd still tanked 40-50% in a total deer numbers over a 10 year period.

Maybe that ain't the solution ?.

Also I'm not disagreeing that we need to keep some bucks on the landscape, it's just not in any way part of the solution to the problems we are facing with deer numbers declining.

Lmao, isn't it funny what a post about two guzzlers for sale can turn into. ?

We have gotten a bit off topic. See what you started Lumpy? ?

Last edited:
How is that working out for the Henry's Bess?
Working Just Like Everywhere else in The State!

The Top End Gets Knocked Out/Skimmed Every Year!

Even Though The Top End Is Smaller Every Year,What Is Being Harvested?

Hows That Been Working?

Extremely limited hunting opportunity with great genetics yet that herd still tanked 40-50% in a total deer numbers over a 10 year period.

Maybe that ain't the solution ?.

Also I'm not disagreeing that we need to keep some bucks on the landscape, it's just not in any way part of the solution to the problems we are facing with deer numbers declining.

Working Just Like Everywhere else in The State!

The Top End Gets Knocked Out/Skimmed Every Year!

Even Though The Top End Is Smaller Every Year,What Is Being Harvested?

Hows That Been Working?
So I guess we need to be managing everything like Antelope Island then? Two tags a year??? Ohh wait everyone thinks they are over harvesting the Island too?

So what exactly do you want bess? You want to start forcing people to shoot piss cutters on their premium LE tags? Or should we just shut it all down, no hunting what so ever.

But again what is that going to do to actually grow the herds?

Add Water?

Or Take Water Away?:D
I’m not sure. Sometimes I can’t tell if we want to kill them all or save them all.

When guys who kill 5 deer a year are burning their tags and shooting Bud Light cans with their $10,000 charity mule deer auction 6.5 Mileormores, I’ll accept being a little confused.

What I Say Means Nothing!

Just Keep Doing What We've Been Doing Forever & Let's See What It's Like In Another 10 Years!

By Then At This Rate You Won't Have To Force Them To Shoot PISSCUTTERS!

There Won't Be A Choice!

So I guess we need to be managing everything like Antelope Island then? Two tags a year??? Ohh wait everyone thinks they are over harvesting the Island too?

So what exactly do you want bess? You want to start forcing people to shoot piss cutters on their premium LE tags? Or should we just shut it all down, no hunting what so ever.

But again what is that going to do to actually grow the herds?

Just Keep Doing What We've Been Doing Forever & Let's See What It's Like In Another 10 Years!

Like cutting tags? Because that is the only “management” strategy that has remained consistent the last 40 years, and look where we are…people still wanting more tags cut!

You can’t make this stuff up. Hilarious. And sad.

So how does a GW know if you fill the tank full of water or the rancher did.
When water is gathered and use to hunt/kill deer………. it’s baiting…….. I do believe that is what you mean

When water is gathered and use to hunt/kill deer………. it’s baiting…….. I do believe that is what you mean
What state has enacted that law?
I’m glad Utah did not go that far.

I thought I explained the difference to you already………. I’m just too dumb I guess.

“Sigh”. In my simple mind, installing a water system to, “Attact and hold game on your property” is completely different than hunting over water that’s there naturally or put there for any none hunting purpose, including agriculture.

It’s perfectly legal and ethical to hunt in an apple orchard or a corn field as far as I know. As it should be. In Utah it’s no long legal to put bait out to attact and hold game.

I’m saying baiting, according Webster is “luring” people or animals. It doesn’t say, except if your luring with water.

I’m just saying if you buy and use a guzzler to lure deer you are baiting.

I have no idea how a GW would know…….. I didn’t write the law nor do I have to enforce it. I’m just provoking people to think about the path they are following trying to outlaw tools and processed to improve quality and quantity of mule deer to hunt.

I guess most folks think it’s okay if outfitters, guides, landowners, sportsmen etc all put in guzzlers to attract and hold deer………. To me is doesn’t seem there’s any different from a corn spreader or dumping a ton of apples than there is installing a guzzler.

Now…….. that’s as good as I can do…….. regarding my response to Forest’s post.

See ya in Church…….. ???

Hey GATOR!

When a Hunter/Guide Has a 1500 Gallon Water Tank In The Back Of Their Truck.................................!:D

Here is the problem with the written baiting law that should have been clarified:
Water carries nutrients through an animals body, which therefore classifies it as a nutrient.
Water is also a substance.
But, as explained to me by the DWR they do not look at it that way.
The intent of the law was to classify ‘bait’ as a product or substance that had energy (calories) in it that would act as an attractant.
Water has zero calories.
Now we have a rule that is left up to a CO’s interpretation, and that never turns out well for everybody.
Personally, I think it would be a shame to consider water a ‘bait’.
For every animal killed over an artificially manipulated water source dozens and dozens of other animals will benefit from said water source.

In a world where words and terms are being changed on an hourly bases, we can no longer know jail bait from a poaching sting.

With all of the water I have seen running off our mountains this year. I am thinking a water guzzler may not be a good investment opportunity !!!!

Lumpy, You'd argue just to argue. I know if I was by a stream you would say I'm baiting and not for fish either.:)

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom