Washington State fishin wishin

R

ridgetop

Planning on going to see my brother in Seattle sometime next year. I was wanting to see what one nice guided fishing trip you would do if you could only go on one next year... say about 150 bones apiece max to spend, withing a reasonable driving
distance. My brother was thinking steelhead on the Olympic Penninsula or halibut out of Neah Bay (did that once already, caught a 25lber... would possibly do it again) Whats the best time of year for a chance at bigger fish for whatever trip?

Steelhead fishing all the way!!!!!!!! You could either check otu the clearwater river just over the washington border in idaho for monster B-runs they have already caught some over 20 lbs, those are hatchery fish!!!! Or hit the Bogey, Sol, Hoh in March or around there. Hit it late for those big boys!!!!! I am trying to think the time we go its sometime around there. There are a lot of good guys so just do some research.

Garrett

For halibut, take the ferry at port angeles and get a canadian license, theres a two fish limit. Use one of the charters out of neah bay.

August and September kings!!!!!!!!!! Hard to beat a chrome 40-50+ upriver bright!
Bird-01.gif
075313.gif

Eric

LAST EDITED ON Nov-04-04 AT 12:58PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Nov-04-04 AT 12:57?PM (MST)

WAMDH~ Thanks for the steely timing advice. March might be a do-able time frame for me. My brother used a guide a while back, and it seemed like he went in march too... did really good. Might be the ticket.

DJB~ ... or whoever else... How does that work with the Canadian liscence and American guides out of Neah Bay? Sounds intriguing, but dont understand how that works. What time of year for the bigger halibut up there?

polarbear~ That sounds awesome for kings. I couldnt imagine hooking something that big. That has to be a rush! However next August and September may be a little too close to an already planned deer hunting trip... I always have to bear in mind the never to be underestimated leaving-the-wife-at-home-alone-with-the-kids-for-days-at-a-time acceptance factor. LOL Comes with the territory I guess... wouldnt trade them for anything though.

Yes, U.S. guides will take you to canadian waters if everyone on the boat has a canadian license. Try Big Salmon charters. They can tell you the best time for big fish. And a one day license costs about $8.00 for two fish.

My vote is for the giant metalheads on the OP March and April. Lower Quinault, Quillayute, Sol Duc, and the best north end river, the Sauk. Let me know I can hook you up with a guide on any of these rivers. Steve

Thanks again for the responses. Leaning towards OP steelhead on in March. I'm used to catching relatively dinky trout, so those big mean steelies ought to make a real memorable trip!

In March I would contact a guide on the lower Quinault for steelhead. The big natives will be in that time of year and should be a load of fun. You will need to contact a Native American Guide for that section of river, but it should be well worth the money...................rf

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom