Wasatch West Success

slamdunk

After my Beaver unit experience last year, I decided to just enjoy a hunt without banking on filling my tag with a quality buck and have fun with my son, his wife and my girlfriend for her first hunt ever.
We chose the Wasatch West because it is close and we could bounce around if needed.

We started out in the Sheep Creek/West Strawberry area.
As expected, it was like a well fertilized pumpkin patch but we gave it four solid relentless days without punching a primer.
I will say, as compared to the Beaver unit, we were seeing deer, lots of them.

We decided to pull camp and hunt closer to home in some higher more remote country.
We worked hard and almost killed my poor Floridian raised girlfriend hiking steep terrain above 10k feet.
On the morning of day 7, the stars finally lined up and i found a very unlucky mature buck that met my 250 grain Scenar from my Lapua.

This hunt proved the old saying that "Even a blind squirrel can find a nut".

43638screenshot20191026205050message.jpg

85517img20191026211402979.jpg

1849620191026130738.jpg

>Nice buck Doug....
>
>Your Floridian girlfriend needs to shave...

Lol....that's my son, GF snapped the pic ?

Nice buck, had a friend hunting the unit- saw hundreds of does but not a horn in the bunch.

>Is that a pile of apples
>I can see in the
>background?

Figured I better give it a try......if ya can't beat 'em, join 'em!?

Good buck Doug. Congrats

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
@mm_founder on Instagram
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com
on Facebook!

You Guys Ever Helped PUNK Load a Big Game Animal in the SKULL CRAZY Rig?

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom