Wasatch Unit Moose

C

caddishatch

I drew a Wasatch Unit Moose Tag, my hunt starts this weekend.... I was wondering what size of Moose i should expect to see on this unit (yes, I know its a huge unit... and its kind of like asking how long a rope is... but...). i have scouted several times and have seen only what I would consider medium size bulls. is this unit known for producing large bulls or is a medium sized bull what i should expect to harvest on this unit.

Its not the size of the rack its the quality of the experience that makes for a good hunt. If you like it kill it and enjoy your self. I think to many hunters place to much wieght on the size of the animals rack (except if we are talking about chicks :) ). Just have fun.IMHO

How many points did it take to draw this tag? Just wondering how old I will be before I hunt moose.

I have seen some really nice bulls on the Wasatch but it seems in the past few years the quality has been slipping a little.

Thanks for the responses guys! I was thinking along the same lines as far as shoot what I like. Its just so stressful doing a ONCE IN A LIFETIME HUNT! :) LOL! I am super excited! If I told you how many points I had when I drew out... several people will want to kill me... well, I'll tell you anyway, 2!

Yep, I want to kill you. I'm sitting on 14.

Good luck, I hope you find a good bull.

Where have you been scouting?

A couple buddies of mine saw a smoker bull up there a few weeks ago while scouting elk (one of them has a Wasatch Premium bull tag).

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom