Wasatch unit and manti

J

jbigb30

LAST EDITED ON Jan-07-13 AT 06:48PM (MST)[p]So I was thinking today about the manti and wasatch units being two of the biggest units in the state and was thinking what if it was proposed to the division to split the units example north wasatch south wasatch north manti south manti and say put 80 tags maybe more or less which ever and then and make say the north units early hunts the south units late units and then alternate the next year and back and forth. I was thinking that it would take pressure off the units and maybe get the caliber of bulls back up. Just food for thought is all who knows maybe I am bringing up the past

I am not sure the dwr's objective is to bring the quality back up. Both those units have lower age class objectives and are more quantity versus quality units. Don't get me wrong, both have some good to great bulls on them, but on average it takes a lot of work, knowledge or luck to get the bigger bulls. Just my 0.02

Doubt anything will change. From what I saw last year those two units held thier own against the other more sought after units. The bigger units spread guys out as well. It's a long ways from hunting the manti north of fairview to 12 mile. Just think how compact it would be if it were, well compact.

Speaking of which....I have 8 nr elk points going into this years draft. I'm thinking of putting in for a muzzy tag for either of these units. I know the manti better but have lots of help for either. Anybody with the new odds know if I have a shot at drawing? If so, which one and why? Didn't mean to shark your post, I just got to thinkin'.....

"That's a special feeling, Lloyd"

Thanks for the info. Am I reading it right? Looks like there were more guys jumping back into these units from 2011 to 2012? Hmmm, looks like a few more years out........

"That's a special feeling, Lloyd"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom