Wasatch Precision Arms Rifle

bowhunt

Long Time Member
I am considering getting one of their customer rifles, or having them re-work one of my guns.
Anyone have any experience with these guys, PM me if you want to.
Thanks.

Brad Stair has his Own/New shop going!

This is my 1st Experience with him,My Gun is at his shop right now,I hear nothing but good from Guys like BigJohnT here on MM & others!

I met both Brad & BIGJOHNT at the last EXPO!

www.cc-arms.com

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

He builds a great rifle but if they tell you 4 months its more like 10. Maybe with his new shop it will be better??? Why did he change anyway? seems like he just got this one going.

I started with Brad Stair when he was Performance guns. Then he got hooked up with Troy and Wade and started Wasatch Precision Arms. Now Brad is Cross Canyon Arms.
I dont know who Wasatch is using for thier master gunsmith. Wade and Troy are good guys and I am sure they make a good product.
I did have to wait a while to get my gun from Brad. He gets backed up. Kinda one of those you can't rush the artist kinda of things. ;)
One dry boot I think he feels he has a better inventory now. Stocks and barrels are on the self. So he shouldn't have to wait for parts.
What part of the state are you from one dryboot ? Down south ?

If you're looking for a custom rifle check out this builder. He built my rifle and one for a friend. Both are tack drivers. He's the best I've found. On his site check out the 7mm Rem Mag Hunter, thats my buddy's rifle. It will take you to a link that shows his step by step build. Below is my rifle and a typical group that it will shoot.
http://www.longriflesinc.com/

Princess-1.jpg

firstgroup-5969.jpg

5382img_0231.jpg

Here is my Wasatch 300 Tejas. I had him take about a inch and half of the barrel. So it is only shooting 3660 out of the barrel w/165 grain barnes mrx

Bigjohn. Awesome rifle! What bases/rings are those?? In the process of a build and looking for some different options.

A few years ago I had a guy in Salt Lake build me a rifle that looks to be the same as Wasatch's Summit rifle except mine has a HS precision stock, Shilen match grade barrel and a Timney trigger for half the price, and was guaranteed to shot 1/2" MOA as well. Shop around, you might save a couple grand.

No estas en mexico ahora, entonces escoja tu basura
chancho sucio.

Good Gawd!! Im glad i strictly bowhunt.. Best of luck to all You 1000+ yard killers.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-19-11 AT 07:40PM (MST)[p]The bases where installed by the gun smith. They are Talley ,they have no adjustment screws at the rear to come loose. Here is a better picture.
5758img_0230.jpg

Dogshedd lets not turn this into another long range hunting post with 200 post.
For the record I have never shot a animal at 1000 yards ! My longest shot was 625 accross canyon. Couldn't get any closer without floating in air.
Wes, Very nice rifle !!!

Hey doggyshedd!

You got your 175 Yard pin installed on that 360 fps Feather Flipper you're using?

Don't tell me the Technology for the StickFlippers hasn't moved forward as fast as any other Weapon!

Thanks all. I am anxious to go check them out. I will let you all know what I think.

Thanks,
Bowhunt, soon to be LongRangeHunt.

BigJohn,

Why the handicap with the 165's? Feed that thing some 210gr. VLD's

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

bigjohn, what powder and charge do you feed that thing? just curious cause i have a 30-378 and know that those two cartradges are pretty comparable. currently i am workin on a load for 165 gr hornady gmx slugs.

A 7/16th group gaurantee?!! That's awesome! I saw their guns at the Expo and they are some fine guns.
However, I don't think you need to spend that much to get what you want. I just got done with a custom for $3500 and that included a Nightforce scope.

For long distance dial 1-800-338-EDGE

I have to agree with a couple of the other guys on here, do a little homework and you could probably save a few thousand bucks. There are some outstanding gunsmiths out there that don't advertise on the internet or attend the conventions but still build fantastic rifles. I've had one built on an old Remington 700 action and my brother-in-law and father-in-law had the same rifle built on stiller actions for a lot less than these big name guys sell their rifles for. All three of our rifles will shoot the same groups that any of these guys claim. Just do a little homework.

I load 96 grains of RL 22 . I felt shooting a quality bullet like the barnes . I could shoot the 165 grain bullet. It also helps with the trajectory. I can get 950 yards with one turn of my turret. Not that I would shoot game at that distance. I have shot targets out to 950 yards. I have a hard time field judging game at yardages past 500 yards. Unless you know the game you are shooting ,I don't suggest it. You may end up with a animal with ground shrinkage when you get up to him :)
I am sure you can find less expense guns. I have shot a Browning A bolt 338 win mag for over twenty years. Also loaded with Barnes bullet 185 grain. It's a kill machine,I love that gun. But you can never have to many guns...right !!
They are just differnt tools. Not all of them do all jobs well.
Last year I had two spike elk broadside at fifty yards in the timber. I would have been better off with a 30 30 with iron sites. Love what you do !

>bigjohn, what powder and charge do
>you feed that thing? just
>curious cause i have a
>30-378 and know that those
>two cartradges are pretty comparable.
>currently i am workin on
>a load for 165 gr
>hornady gmx slugs.

Desert- I have found with my 30-378wby that the heavier for caliber bullets tend to shoot much better. I am using 200gr Accubonds and love them. I have shot 165gr with decent results but since going to heavier its been much better. Also is easier on the barrel IMO.

Well boys!

I posted earlier this year looking for quality Gunsmiths!

I met BigJohnT at the Expo & He told me to go see Brad Stair!

Seemed Real Knowledgeable was willing to Talk!

I don't mind paying a Guy decent money for decent work!

One of my Pea Shooters are at his Shop right now!

If He does me a good job He'll be getting more work!

I sent you a PM bowhunt!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom