wasatch moose

swbuckmaster

Long Time Member
I took a family friend out yesterday that was having a hard time finding a decent bull so far this year. It was a rut crazed one hunt to say the least. I called in several moose and they seemed to be going crazy tearing the hills apart.

It wasn't the one I was after but he was very emotional when it was said and done. He told me it was the largest one he has seen this year. Then top it off with em calling all over the hill side made it a truly a once in a life time hunt for him.

the bull was about 2.5 miles in and I was sure glad to see the horses coming in to pack it out.

4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

There are no big bucks in Utah! LOL

Here is a trail camera of the one we were after.
3285trail_cam_photos_466.jpg

Im sure we could have turned it up if the shooter had a bit more youth on his side. He told me he would only be able to hit the hills one time because of his bad knees.

4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

There are no big bucks in Utah! LOL

Horses? You don't need horses, I watched you pack out a moose that was a ways from the road. Well, some packing and a lot of anchoring. I don't think the Greenies in the that area would have enjoyed my horses tearing up their hiking path. hahaha

Well done on helping your friend. Nothing wrong at all with the bull. Very nice. Tell him congrats.

-------------------------
www.sagebasin.com
-------------------------

Have a moose tag for the North slope. Hunted the first season tough luck few small bulls, loking at going back for another try for this season. Live in Mi so it's a long drive, are the moose starting to show up at yhe lower elvations? Any information you can pass along would be appreciated.
Thanks Brian

Fan-freakin-tastic!

That's a beautiful bull! It's an excellent bull even though you said you were chasing a different bull.

Congratulations on making things happen.

Thanks, Zeke

Great bull! Good job guys! You want to talk about a stand up guy. He not only passed up the bull my dad harvested (which my dad was extremely happy to take) but he was on is way back to camp to pack up and head out to go hunt the bull in the trail cam pic when he and his nephew took the time to help me and my brother pack my dads cow elk to the truck. I hope one day I can repay the favor. Thanks guys and congrats on a trophy of a lifetime. Well deserved!

Scott,

Great bull, and great job in making it happen for a friend!

There are not enough deer in Utah...FOR REAL.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom