Wasatch moose info

S

samhendon

I didn't have any luck the first week of the hunt, hoping someone can steer me in the rite direction for a good bull.

I scouted the Wasatch for 12 days and hunted 7 and backpacked in and out for 2 more days (for elk). That's 21+ days in the mountains and I haven't seen a good bull moose. I even joked about the lack of moose sightings.... and we were looking for moose too since my cousin had a tag. He killed a good bull moose, no thanks to me! I couldn't find a good one for him.

I used to see them all the time but now they seem scarce. What's going on? Are you other hunters seeing a few moose?

Good luck sam, in your quest.

Zeke

I filled my tag opening day up AF Canyon. I scouted pretty hard up there about twice a week for a month prior to the hunt. I ended up shooting the nicest bull I had seen on those trips, and he is not huge by any stretch but he is a good looking bull and will look good on my wall. My son and my brother were with me and that really made the hunt special. I know of several bulls up there, but they wont score chit for one reason or another... But if you just want a quality hunt and a good looking bull I should be able to help.

Here is a pic of my bull a week before I shot him.

5355dsc03477.jpg

Here is a pic of him a week later, 10 miles away!

9207dsc03520.jpg

Send me a pm my dad was there a month and drove by a nice one by cuurant he said the horns were easily 12"wider on both sides then his body.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom