WAS I SCAMMED AGAIN?

B

B_BOP_A_LU_LU

Was working in Vernal a day or two ago!

Guy I was working for always loads me up with Goodies out of his Garden!

He loaded up one of his Coolers with goodies,But I needed Ice,had other work to do before heading home,so I stops at Wal-Mart to get a couple bags of Ice!

As I pulls in to Wal-Mart I see a Guy Holding a Sign!(OH GAWD,NOT AGAIN!)

I get my Ice & head out of the Parking Lot,there He is,sign says: Broke,Need Food Money,etc!

So me & my Pardner Pulls Our wallets out real Quick & give him 10.00 or 12.00 and I'm on my way again!

This Guy didn't shed Tears like the Guy I gave a 20.00 to at Sportsmens Warehouse a few years ago,Maybe He's not as good at Acting?:D

Hope I didn't get Bent Over but who the Hell knows?

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

If you got the warm fuzzy feeling in your stomach , and the peice of mind knowing you helped another person down on there luck out , I don't think you where scammed at all .

Now if you see the dude get in his Duramax parked around the corner ten minutes later , then you know you have been scammed .

"Im broke, hungry and etc" would you like me to pm you my address, i accepct checks to.

That's what I was afraid of foundation!

Somebody said the guy at Sportsmens Warehouse drives a way better Rig than I do!:D

I'll admit I'm not very charitable with pan handlers because I have seen them working the system too much , and from the ones I have dealt with they are afraid of work . I see those guys asking for help , and I'll stop when I have heavy labor work to do like moving hay . I have yet to have one take me up on the offer for work .

I did help one guy out though just because he made me laugh . I walk out of a store and there he sits with his sign that says " Why lie , I just need a beer " . I couldn't help but chuckle when I'm flippin him a few bucks .

LMAO foundation!

That's Funny & I'd of done the same!:D

Bbop, I am broke. My kids are hungry. My wifes clothes are tattered and torn. My dog is pregnant.

CAN YOU SPOT ME A $20?

I will cry big alligator tears for you too if you make it $40

Like foundation's point. If you feel good knowing you helped someone that MIGHT have been down on your luck is all that matters.

Look at it this way. Worst case, you either bought someone some cold beer. Best case, you possibly changed someones life for the better :)

B-Bop
And to think this whole time I thought you were just a prick
That goes to show every one has a feeler inside.Some just have to dig a little deeper to find it
(If I could remember how to do the smile face icon it would be placed here)

LAST EDITED ON Aug-24-11 AT 11:43PM (MST)[p]There are a few guys that hang out around the local gas station,that never ask for money,(but I know they aint got much) and once in awhile, when I feel the need to be entertained, I'll call 2 of them over and give one of them a 10 spot, and tell him he has to give 5 to the other...

I've seen near brawls to vebal arguements inside the gas station over the change. The last time, they figured out how to calmly split the change, and I was disappointed.

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

Exactly why you should keep a 12 pack of Pabst or a bottle of Thunderbird on hand at all times. It cuts out the middle man. Sadly, my experience with such matters leads me to believe that VAST MAJORITY of them just finished up their last bottle of booze or Listerine and are planning for the future. Most of the time a friendly gesture does little more than enable their self destructive behavior. That said there are exceptions to every rule.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Yup!

Coulda been Ben!:D

You Guys are right,Shoulda throwed him a Carrot!:D

Remember that guy I gave $25 to to drive back to Ogden a couple years ago, middle of the night, I use to work with him selling Scotts lawn service...?? Course you don't remember but I posted it dammit!! Anyways that sumbitch never sent me the check he said he would...plick!!

One time I saw a dude under the freeway as I was getting off, the freeway, and had a similar sign...yup my window was down...he says please please anything you can spare...told him I'd give him $20 for that shiny watch on his wrist...he wasn't interested!! LMAO!!

~Z~

Im not a big fan of handing out my hard earned money to any of them guys. All they do is go around the corner and buy a beer or some drugs with it. Every now and then i may buy some one some food but very seldom give me money.
Hell I'm not out there on the corner begging you boys for money. I got a job I put in 40 hours a week and get a paycheck. Why the hell would i give their lazy azz my hard earned money. Go out and get your own damn job is the way i see it.
Thats the problem with this whole country to. Seems like more and more people have their hand out for money or what not while they sit back on their rear end doing nothing. Then what happens well our government ends up paying them out with our tax dollars. My tax dollars are already being wasted on low life scum bags who dont think they need to work so like i said very seldom do i give out cash to the ones on the street.

B bop I am proud of you, just shows the kind of man you are.

My dad never passed up a donation jar or some one in need, even if he didn't have 2 dimes to rub together... BTW 45 I remember a certain person doing this same thing in Cali ... :)

Like foundation said " If you got the warm fuzzy feeling in your stomach , and the piece of mind knowing you helped another person down on there luck out , I don't think you where scammed at all".. .

Easy CUPSY!

:D

Do you hand out donations when you are in the back end of Truck Stop parking lots?? to those down on thier luck ladies??

Robb

>Do you hand out donations when
>you are in the back
>end of Truck Stop parking
>lots?? to those down on
>thier luck ladies??
>
>Robb

Where do you think he got the pic of that cute 'little' thing on the rice rocket.

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

"Exactly why you should keep a 12 pack of Pabst or a bottle of Thunderbird on hand at all times."

I thought that was for the sheep herder when you're lookin for critters!

It's always an adventure!!!

LAST EDITED ON Aug-26-11 AT 08:55AM (MST)[p]Well Bess - you may have been scammed, but it will all be counted to your good in the end. The good Lord looks at our hearts and intentions, not what someone does with the charity we extend to them. Whether he used it to hit the pipe or feed his dog or his kids it only matters that you were there to give him the opportunity to do the right thing with the funds you gave him.

I don't give to panhandlers because I don't have any to give and I am probably only one or two bad decisions away from being in that same situation. I don't approve of their lifestyle but if I can help them out I will do what I can and when I know of leads for work or of companies that are hiring, I do what I can to disseminate that info accordingly. Sadly, many of them have criminal records and really can't find the type of work they are looking for to sustain their needs. It is a long process that can get depressing. I figure that most of them are suffering from some form of depression - you have to be to resort to that - and see no other viable option. Most of the time their addiction is a form of self-medication/self-deprication and they are spinning so out of control panhandling is their last resort. It is actually not a lazy action - it takes a lot of effort, it is just perceived as lazy by society because it is not productive to society as a whole. While I feel for them, I won't contribute to their lifestyle if I can avoid it though I don't object to providing comfort, even if that comfort is in the form of $5 for another half rock or a 40 in a brown bag.

HOOK 'EM!

b.bop i dont know about wall mart. but here in myton 50.00 will get you a hat . knife. drink of wiskey. 100.00 gets good wiskey....

Up till now I was too embarrassed to admit it was me. I didn't know it was you that gave me the 12 bucks until I saw you in the peace pipe picture 1911 posted. I really needed it for another box of core lokts if that matters.

I stopped at the store on the way home from work today and there was two gals and a little girl holding a sign by the stop light. I bought a loaf of bread, some bologna, about 1/2 dozen bananas, some potato chips, and a gallon of milk. When I drove by I handed them the sack of groceries.

They probably sold the sack for a couple bucks, but at least they had a chance to feed the kid.

Eel

Good deed there Eelgrass. But to be honest, I thought you were going to say you gave them the Banana's and left.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

LOL Brian. No, the only thing I kept for myself was the beer I went in for in the first place. It's a local wheat beer that has a tangerine flavor. It's called Tangerine. I'm not a beer drinker either.

Eel

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom