Wanted to say "Thank you"

P

patience

LAST EDITED ON Oct-19-11 AT 02:43AM (MST)[p]I know how often fellas will get on here and start asking for help with hunts before they know a thing about the game they are after or the unit it's in. I also know how annoyed most of us get when this occurs. That's why I was reluctant and somewhat embarrassed when I sent a PM to a MM member a few days ago asking just that question under the same circumstances. Well, I've at least killed elk and deer in the past.

My father and I took too long to purchase our elk tags for the Sawtooth zone and we ended up getting stuck with McCall zone. I say stuck now, but in 10 days I may say "luckily".

With no experience in the McCall area whatsoever I got on Google Earth, scrubbed the web, studied my maps, and tore through past posts on this site. I had found a place on Google Earth I thought looked good and saw one of our members referencing the general area on another post some time ago.

I wrote to this member asking for any help (after apologizing for doing so) he may be able to provide due to the circumstances and flat out said, "sometimes a guy just needs a hand. I appreciate any help but understand if you don't."

I offered any assistance I could for hunts, personal needs (around the house, fencing, labor - is what I had in mind), or business services as I am a sales guy.

This member responded within hours, has continued to respond, and even went as far to answer some deer questions as well. I felt really guilty asking about the deer. I sent pics from last years hunt to prove I get out there and aren't afraid to hike.

I made sure to let him know that if he needed anything to let me know. I meant it and still do. Although, this person basically ignored my offers.

That being said, without mentioning names, I'd like to say thank you for your time and information. I feel it will be a great help in assisting my dad in filling his first elk tag and me in finding a quality buck. I truly appreciate your willingness to share when so many others on this site are turned away for asking the same questions.

I'll definitely be posting pics and a detailed story of these elk and deer hunts for everyone to view. That's the best way I can think to repay my debt without being called on it. I just don't see that happening but I am gratefully available if it does.

-Patience (Josh)

By the way - Took out my buddy last Saturday and he killed his first buck. He's been out west for a few years (from Chicago) and he put the hurt on a great forky. Almost took a nice 4 point but hesitated too long. Paul on the left and me on the right.

1765buddies_for_life.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Oct-19-11 AT 08:46AM (MST)[p]Yeah, its like a big classroom on here. Basically a bunch of good kids, a few misbehavers, and always a few that will take the time to help you out with a problem that you need help figuring out. And the teacher is out hunting so often we can do what we at most of the time in his classroom.

Yeah, Paul was pretty stoked. Says he's ready for next year. Now I need to find a 170 plus buck. Leaving Thursday and staying out till the 31st if I have to.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom