Walt Garrison is dead.

feddoc

Long Time Member
79 years old.

Summer of 80 or so, there was a High School National Rodeo Finals in the town I lived in.

Working late one night I stopped by a bat for a couple beers and a sandwich. Drank most of my beer and went to the toilet. When I came back there was a dude standing in front of my bar stool. He was huge,cwith very wide shoulders.

I tapped him on the shoulder and he immediately apologized, sat down next to me and introduced himself. Walt Garrison. We knew a few of the same rodeo folks (a former world champion tried to teach me steer wrestling) and a couple of former Cowboys. Bought each other a few beers (Coors Light), then I excused myself to head home. He handed me a business card and invited me for a beer if I was in the area.

Good dude

Coors Light?

79 years old.

Summer of 80 or so, there was a High School National Rodeo Finals in the town I lived in.

Working late one night I stopped by a bat for a couple beers and a sandwich. Drank most of my beer and went to the toilet. When I came back there was a dude standing in front of my bar stool. He was huge,cwith very wide shoulders.

I tapped him on the shoulder and he immediately apologized, sat down next to me and introduced himself. Walt Garrison. We knew a few of the same rodeo folks (a former world champion tried to teach me steer wrestling) and a couple of former Cowboys. Bought each other a few beers (Coors Light), then I excused myself to head home. He handed me a business card and invited me for a beer if I was in the area.

Good dude

I was in the old Denver airport waiting for my flight. There was hardly anyone on the concourse but down the concourse came a well built and pretty young lady. I was leaned against the railing and behind my shoulder I Hear " all that pretty meat and no tatoes". It was Walt. We had a good laugh and very pleasant conversation on our way to Casper.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom