Wall's Taxidermy is a Joke!!

S

South_slope

2749deer_09.jpg

You know those times when you can just tell someone is just flat out lying to you? That has been the story for the last eight months with Kody at Wall?s Taxidermy. Instead of telling me that he messed up my animal or just has not been able to start the work, he chose to constantly lie.
I gave Kody $650 in full to build a pedestal and $290 in cash as a down payment on a deer mount. Sadly, after my family and friend started getting their 2010 animals back and mine was no closer to being mounted than when I dropped it off in September 2009. The first real sign there was trouble is when Kody asked me to put in for a Canada moose hunt give away that was $1500. This I believe was no more than a way for me to loan him some operating money. After more than a year his story was that the deer was mounted and that the guy building the base was not finished. I told him to tell the guy if he cannot build a base in a year, then give me my money back and sell it to someone else. The story then changed to the deer needs the ears changed or the eyes need wetted and on and on. Like I said the story was never the same and I always had the very distinct feeling I was being flat out lied to.
Finally you get to a point where you can only hear two more weeks so many times. I decided I was going to call the bluff. I contacted him and let him know that I wanted my property back. He was less than willing to return my property and it was not until I let him know that my lawyer was filing in court to recover that he agreed to release my deer. I told him I would pick up the base, and the deer mount unfinished. He told me he would write me a check for the base and he would remove my cape from the form. I replied that I had paid for the base more than a year ago in full and that I wanted the base. After a heated argument it was clear he did not have my base, nor do I believe had he even started it. I later went to pick up the horns that had never been mounted on a form, and was given the wrong cape (hope it isn't yours). I went to the bank to cash the check which was not signed.
4591kody_check.jpg

Where do I stand today? My deer was mounted and in my house by another taxidermist who will no doubt have my business for life. I am figuring after a month that my deer cape will never be ?found?. I paid $290 for a cape that did not look anything like mine. I waited almost 17 months and loaned Kody almost a $1000 for a bunch of BS stories. I think most people in the industry are honest and fair with people even when they get behind. I only write this to save people the frustration of dealing with such a dishonest business.
598deer.jpg

Sorry for your troubles and thanks for the heads up. Your buck looks good but I'm sure you would have rather had the correct cape. Nothing hurts a bussiness like word of mouth. Especially when its on the internet. I'm glad that the end result turned out good for you. fatrooster.

Sorry to hear that you had such a horrible experience. Your mount looks great though!

Is this by any chance the Kody who drew a ML tag on the Pauns three years ago? I think he was from Utah County.

I had a bad experience there also. Lots of runaround and room for BS in the conversations with them. Finally got my cape and antlers back after paying way inflated shop time. Another taxidermist finished my elk and did a fantastic job with absolutely no BS.

If you're saying that you didn't go back and have him sign the check to get that $650 back, then do it! If he won't sign it, take it to small claims court and it should be a slam dunk to recoup your money, even though the aggravation greatly exceeds what you will get. Then go on the net and relate your story on every friggin hunting website you have time to get on!!!

Yes to the above, you have a check with no signature. If he won't sign it, it proves intent to defraud which compounds his scam.

Small claims and chase the hell out of him.

Bill

Wall is definitley a lying sack-a-chit! He has a bear a buddy of mine killed in Idaho four years ago this coming May and it's excuse after excuse. Buddy finally pressured Wall into giving him a skull, but is still waiting on the rug. Problem with the skull is, it's obviously not the skull from his bear, because Idaho removes a tooth and the one Wall gave him has all of it's teeth.

There was a guy on here a while back that traded Wall a pair of Swaro binos for a mount and after a year or so went by he couldn't get his mount back. Wish I could remember who it was and could find out how it ever turned out. Wall is good at robbing Peter to pay Paul, but his days of getting away with it are numbered!

All you guys in that area that used walls need to switch to "Antler Addiction" Taxidermy. You will a quality job over there for sure.

That's the same place showing on the check the OP posted. Maybe this website should take care of that lying, cheating POS like accuratereloading.com is doing to Blair and Heathington!!!

To say Wall Taxidermy a joke is huge understatement. How they are still in business I have no idea. I have story very similar with Kody Wall but with around 10 animals. I wont bore you with all the details but the lies were so numerous and often it was very plain to any reasonable person that this guy has some serious problems. In the end I was out thousands of dollars, lost several hides, and was given hides that weren't mine. For a taxidermist to think a hunter wont know what his hides or horns look like is ridiculous but yet Wall Taxidermy continues to try these tricks. I've kept pretty quite about it but enough is enough. This thread needs to be passed on and on. I know several other people who have had the same experience with Wall Taxidermy. This guy has screwed enough people and ruined enough irreplaceable memories. Don't let this happen to anyone else! I'm sorry i haven't told more people and help others avoid Wall Taxidermy!!!

I did actually get my check signed and it didn't even bounce. Sounds like I am lucky to have only lost what i did. I am just out the money I put down and my cape.

Sam Ruby at animals in motion did me a huge favor and finished it. I want to post another thread to thank him and show the deer a little better. I just didn't want to have anyone confuse him with Wall's in any way.

didn't even take time to read the story. i don't need to. wall's taxidermy (kody, his dad, and brother is it's him) are all a bunch of lying crooks. i heard sob story after sob story from him and his family about my elk pedestal he was supposed to do for me. the story is unreal, but bottom line: he told me i needed to pay in full as it was ready to ship (2050%), i did it, i didn't have my elk two years later and so many lies i can't remember them all. he said he was going to refund me my money. he sent an envelope with NO CHECK and only a note saying he was sorry. LOL, he is a self made crook and so are those associated with him.

Wow , unbeleivable stories . Glad you guys are posting your horror stories so that you may save some poor unsuspecting hunter similar grief .

What a jack ass I would be pissed wait I am pissed!!! Who is your new guy?

You guys that have been screwed and anybody else who comes on here in the near future with similar stories should get together and go see the Prosecuting Attorney for whatever county this guy is doing business in. You may be surprised what a few of you working together can do to put this guy OB!!! DO IT!!! When it can be shown that this is that guys method of operation and not just a one time quirk, you may be able to get some action taken. It shouldn't cost you anything more than your time, which I know is valuable, but look at what this guy is doing to ruin people's memories of a lifetime, as well as being a flat out thief!

i must add... i did receive a full refund eventually via a credit card. i appreciate his wife and what she did to help me out in that way.

The BBB has no legal clout and basically only logs complaints against people or lets you know when you contact them whether there have been any complaints against a company. A Prosecuting Attorney, when shown the facts from a number of people who have been screwed, can get a C&D against the company and if it's viloated then they are in legal dodo!!!

I have never used Wall's Taxidermy but I will put a second plug in for Dave Anderson at Antler Addiction in Orem. He is a great and does great work. Any of you Utah County guys who are looking for a new shop should give him a try. You won't be disappointed.

Hawkeye

Browning A-Bolt 300 Win Mag
Winchester Apex .50 Cal
Mathews Drenalin LD

>didn't even take time to read
>the story. i don't
>need to. wall's taxidermy
>(kody, his dad, and brother
>is it's him) are all
>a bunch of lying crooks.
> i heard sob story
>after sob story from him
>and his family about my
>elk pedestal he was supposed
>to do for me.
>the story is unreal, but
>bottom line: he told
>me i needed to pay
>in full as it was
>ready to ship (2050%), i
>did it, i didn't have
>my elk two years later
>and so many lies i
>can't remember them all.
>he said he was going
>to refund me my money.
> he sent an envelope
>with NO CHECK and only
>a note saying he was
>sorry. LOL, he is
>a self made crook and
>so are those associated with
>him.

O man I hope this wasn't the big bull you killed in AZ about 4 years ago. It would suck to have this happen to a guy no matter what the animal but that bull you killed in AZ was a once in a lifetime bull! Please tell me your mount didn't get all messed up by this joker. Thanks everyone for spreading the word about this guy hopefully no one else will ever get dicked around by this guy again.

I don't know this taxidermist but I have known a few like him. My sister had to fight to get her buck back after two years on a board mount. Then the day she moved to another state someone stole it out of her moving trailer in the night (I wonder who) and the taxidermist skipped the country soon after that because the feds were after him for fraud.

Now I pay a little extra money and get my trusted friends at Roundy Taxidermy to do my work for me.

>>didn't even take time to read
>>the story. i don't
>>need to. wall's taxidermy
>>(kody, his dad, and brother
>>is it's him) are all
>>a bunch of lying crooks.
>> i heard sob story
>>after sob story from him
>>and his family about my
>>elk pedestal he was supposed
>>to do for me.
>>the story is unreal, but
>>bottom line: he told
>>me i needed to pay
>>in full as it was
>>ready to ship (2050%), i
>>did it, i didn't have
>>my elk two years later
>>and so many lies i
>>can't remember them all.
>>he said he was going
>>to refund me my money.
>> he sent an envelope
>>with NO CHECK and only
>>a note saying he was
>>sorry. LOL, he is
>>a self made crook and
>>so are those associated with
>>him.
>
>
>O man I hope this wasn't
>the big bull you killed
>in AZ about 4 years
>ago. It would suck
>to have this happen to
>a guy no matter what
>the animal but that bull
>you killed in AZ was
>a once in a lifetime
>bull! Please tell me
>your mount didn't get all
>messed up by this joker.
> Thanks everyone for spreading
>the word about this guy
>hopefully no one else will
>ever get dicked around by
>this guy again.

joe,

yes this is the bull. i was able to get my horns before pursuing legal actions if he didn't refund my money. this was a disaster to say the least. i also kept my original cape for backup while i "tried" this guy out. now the bull is with mogollon taxidermy and should be done soon with the original cape. he did screw up the skull plate pretty bad and it is extremely weak but not split yet.

Glad you were able to get your horns back billythekid, but if I were a betting man....I'll bet Kody Wall has a replica set made from those exact horns! I too have a buck on my wall with a different cape than the one I took to him. Rumor is he's screwed some of Doyle Moss's high paying clients over.....big time!
I am shocked that this guy is still in business. Doyle wont use him anymore and Jim should cut ties with him also.....it's not good for your outfitting business to be associated with such a crook and a liar.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-18-11 AT 07:55AM (MST)[p]Wow glad I haven't ever took anything to him. It's hard to believe some-one hasn't tuned him up a few times. LOL

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Gator---In this instance, I think if it happened to me he would be getting a MAJOR tuneup and then would need an overhaul, LOL!!!

sounds like your first mistake was going to Walls Taxidermy, your second big mistake was paying for a pedistal in full before it was done. NEVER NEVER pay for anything in full upfront!!!! It is an easy way for somebody to make some money up front and screw whoever after they recieve the money.

Thanks for the heads up on Walls Taxi. Hopefully MM will step up and take this clown of their sight for good!!!!!!!!

YOUR FAT!! DON'T TRY AND SUGAR COAT IT OR YOU WILL EAT THAT TOO!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom