Wall Tents

K

Knockmdead

I picked up a wall tent from a guy and got a really good deal on it. the only problem is that it doesn't have a place for a stove. No hole or nothing. It there a way to make your own hole so that it doesn't leak or is it better to take it to a professional and have them do it.

If a professional, does anyone know a a good one around the St. George, UT. area that could fix it up for me.

If doing it myself, anybody go any instructions?

Thanks for the help.

Jeff

Jeff,

Not 100% certain but I believe that is called a stove jack and I also think I have seen those available for purchase from various tent manufacturers.

Mark

Have a silicone stove jack installed. I like mine an inch bigger then my stove pipe because if they are too tight the stove pipe could pull out of the stove when the wind whips the tent. Check with Cylinder Stove in Cedar City.
Wes

Thanks for the info guys. What is the easiest way to sew up a couple of small holes that are in the tent? Just do it with a nedle and thread or what?

Jeff

There's a product called tear mender. It's an adhesive. You just take a small piece of material and apply the tear mender to it and place it over the tear. Once again check with Cylinder Stoves, they might sell it.
Wes

Thanks guys, you sure make getting info on thing I dont know much about alot easier.

Jeff

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom