wall tent

carterj16

what is a good brand for wall tents or other type of tents that i can put a stove in and how much will it set me back, thanks

Davis Tent & Awning.Is the only one for me.I have had one for years and love it would not think of going back to a camper.

We've used a lot of different wall tents over the years, including Davis tents. The BEST tents that I've found are made by Dave Ellis @ www.cowboycamp.net and tents made by cylinderstoves.com. Ellis used to make tents for Cylinder Stoves but they have started making their own now. Davis does make nice tents but everything is an extra on them. They also use a fiberglass stove jack. These stove jacks burn then unravel. I prefer a silicon stove jack. I also prefer to use an "A" frame instead of an internal frame. You can make your own frame and save a lot of money.
Wes

CARTER

IF U ARE IN UTAH OR ARE GOING TO THE HUNT EXPO CALL DAVIS TENT THEY HAVE ALOT OF SPECIALS AT EXPO AND U CAN SAVE ON SHIPPING

THEY MAKE A GOOD TENT

Cabela's Alaknak II 12X20 $899
Outfitter stove $469 includes 3 Gal water heater.

You also need a spark protector for the roof and I think that was another $49, but I don't recall the exact price.

Way less money than a wall tent. I can put mine up by myself in less than 1 hour.

Davis has a spring sale it worth checking out what they have there first.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

I own a 12X14 Davis tent without a floor, a back window w/ the colorado flap. I have the internal frame poles made of one inch conduit, so if a pole breaks or is lost a replacement is at the local hardware shop. I love it. the tent itself I guess weighs about 40 lbs. I have a painter canvas drop cloth that covers 3/4 of the floor, so the entry was is dirt. This makes it nice to be able to unpack at the end of the day inside even when you are wet and muddy. The Davis tents also has flaps in the top of the gabble ends so it can also be set up using lodge poles. One person can set the tent up in about 20 min start to finish. Set up the A frame, pull the canvas over the frame and then lift it up to set the legs.

My buddy has a 14X17 montana canvas tent with a sewn in floor and a back door. The thing is a behemoth. The canvas alone weighs ~150 lbs and the poles are custom, so if one needs to be replaced it has to be order from the manufacture. With a sewn in floor, it takes one person over an hour to set up. You have to set up the poles from the inside and on a sunny day, you are a sweaty mess by the end. For this reason, he doesn't use it but about once every 2 years. The floor is nice to keep critters out and to walk around in socks but complicates the setup ten fold.

As mentioned below the montana canvas tent has a heat resistant silicon fitting for the flue where as the Davis tents have a fiber glass weave material.

I would recommend a Davis tent without a sewn in floor and get it big enough to have the space but don't go too big.

I was also going to mention to check out KSL classified. I bought mine from an ad in the paper. The guy used it twice, so it was virtually new and I saved $300.

Last summer when I was looking for a tent they had 10 or so canvas tent listings and all seemed to be in great shape. This option could save you 30-50 percent.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom