Wall Tent Camping Upgrades

Snakins10

I drew an LE Archery Elk tag this year here in Utah and am planning on doing a wall tent camp. I’m curious what your guys favorite camp upgrades or improvements are to your wall tents or campsites? Obviously my hunt will be early season, but other season answers are still very much welcome.

Solid flooring. Hangy things to keep stuff off the floor and easy to find. Make sure the tent is cleaned and dried. Dried again. Get the most versatile kitchen you can find.

I drew an LE Archery Elk tag this year here in Utah and am planning on doing a wall tent camp. I’m curious what your guys favorite camp upgrades or improvements are to your wall tents or campsites? Obviously my hunt will be early season, but other season answers are still very much welcome.
Our family has had many different tents, shapes and sizes over the last 50 years. Unless your back packing and need a light weight product, we use larger heavy tents.

Now days we mainly use floorless wall tents with a wood burning stove and Kodiak spring bar tents with a built in floor. Both are great products if you’re going camping with a vehicle and plan to spend a few days in a tent…….. not so cool for one night tenting.

One son has a Jumping Jack tent/trailer that get lots of use as well. Expensive but well made and pretty a quick set up and take down and hauls ATVs as well.

We used to use a wall tent when we went to Idaho deer hunting. I have a friend who worked in a carpet store and he would save nice pieces of old carpet for us. Wall to wall carpeting in the tent is pretty nice. That was more in the later season hunts though when it was colder.

I would get some extra long impact driven stakes or rebar to stake the tent down in case you experience strong winds.

Don’t ask me how I know that 😂
IMG_5973.jpeg

We used to use a wall tent when we went to Idaho deer hunting. I have a friend who worked in a carpet store and he would save nice pieces of old carpet for us. Wall to wall carpeting in the tent is pretty nice. That was more in the later season hunts though when it was colder.
I had that thought or maybe some old football field turf if I could get my hands on either, thanks for replying man!

Wall to wall carpet is very very nice, no matter what time of year.
Just be sure to have a tarp under it and cut it back away from the woodstove 12" to 18".
S hooks to hang wet clothes, boots, lantern or most any other thing.
Definitely want a rainfly or tarp on the roof to keep snow sliding and sparks from the stove from burning small holes in the fabric.
A small card table or fold up kind, you can store stuff on it and under it, kind of like doubling the square footage in that area.

We bring a small gonna generator for charging electronics, running the coffee pot and last year, I bought some 36" led lights from Amazon and zip tied them to the ridge pole. A lot better than lanterns if you're not packing your wall tent on horseback. And as mentioned before, a good floor and plenty of places to hang clothing and equipment.

I tried carpet too but have gone back to a tarp because, I’ve tracked thorns and stickers in and when those babies get down in the carpet, they are nearly impossible to get out. With the tarp…… I just sweep it clean a couple times a day.

I tried carpet too but have gone back to a tarp because, I’ve tracked thorns and stickers in and when those babies get down in the carpet, they are nearly impossible to get out. With the tarp…… I just sweep it clean a couple times a day.
Even after removing boots and whatnot? I mean I can see it happening with burrs and the like of course stuck on pants.

Even after removing boots and whatnot? I mean I can see it happening with burrs and the like of course stuck on pants.
Yep…….. if they’re out there, they find their way in. 😡

And, if they get in on one trip they stay there for every trip after, if that makes sense.

If I ever used carpet again, I use a trap under it and over it. I just don’t like a sticker in my feet at 2:00 A.M. when I’m heading out to look at the moon and stars.

Last edited:

And, if they get in on one trip they stay there for every trip after, if that makes sense.

If I ever used carpet again, I use a trap under it and over it. I just don’t like a sticker in my feet at 2:00 A.M. when I’m heading out to look at the moon and stars.
I did not know you was interested in astronomy?💁

It is a little bit of a investment but Cal-Ranch and Tractor Supply sell good heavy canvas tarps, they work great for the floor.
You can get LED string lights that run off of the battery chargers for cell phones and other electronics and you can charge them in your truck during the day.

Did you haul it back home or just burn it in the fire pit ? 🤣

You’ll understand………. sooner than you think. 😂😂

You're such a *****. I did not think you even knew how to hunt.
Kason

Last edited:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom