Wagon tire unit ?

S

S_Oregon

anyone hunt it latley whats the deer #'s like any mature bucks taken lately? Thanx if any response...

To tell you the truth; I have never spoken with anyone that has hunted that unit. That is one of the few units in Oregon that I have not heard anyone talk about. Good luck.

it don't matter anyways i already applied for it, we'll see if i get drawn, I'll just scout it out?.

It might be worth your time to stop in at the little store there at Wagontire and spend a few bucks and BS with who ever is there to see if you can get any info. Maybe the same with that place at the hiway 395 and 20 junction.

>It might be worth your time
>to stop in at the
>little store there at Wagontire
>and spend a few bucks
>and BS with who ever
>is there to see if
>you can get any info.
> Maybe the same with
>that place at the hiway
>395 and 20 junction.

yea that can go a long ways, i just wanna get drawn first before i trudge up there....thanx

I think that the far eastern side of that unit might hold some deer,more bluffs and canyons etc. not as dead flat as the western side.
That store at 395 and hwy 20 is called Riley junction.
tip- ( jackass mtn,waterhole canyon,walls lake canyon, just west of Frenchglen- ) thank me later. GG

oop's I was talking about the Juniper unit, not the wagontire unit, my bad- sorry, GG

Wagontire store is no more at this time. The place is empty and Dale at Riley store dosen't know $hit but he'll bend you over on some archery equipt.

I think MOST small shops are higher in price on everything they sell. You expect them to be priced like the Walmarts??? Mom and Pop shops are far and few between and soon there won't be any around. So spend a few $$$ when you can, and don't say you're getting "bent over". They need to make a few $$$ too.

muleyman

Trust me it's being bent over on allot of stuff, I do my business at B&B sporting goods in Burns. But Muleyman you feel free to blow your money in there!!!

Muleyman! I have a feeling that you and I are fairly close to the same age and with the same thought process.

Mabye you guys have the same thought process, Im just giving you a tip on the reality over here. I live here!

I can see how a "local" would have an issue with someone they must deal with from time-to-time. But when looking at the entire picture, the "big boys" put the small guys out of business yrs ago and I sincerely appreciate the small guys no matter what their prices might be...they're still open and helping guys out when needed.

I dont know how many times I have gone into a small archery shop when I have been hunting either in Eastern Oregon or Eastern Montana. I have always been treated with respect and they usually know WTF they are talking about, UNLIKE THE BIG BOYS who is "just working in this department cause Bill is off today"!!!

I'm not in your shoes Koyote and mean no disrespect to you what so ever! I guess I'm partial to the small business...since I am an owner of a small business and all my competitors are very large and are ALWAYS trying to buy my out! I believe I'm still here because #1 I give great customer service.

Crap now I am saying more than I was going to...

muleyman

I hear ya, the only business I do is with the small guys, that's all we have here. I guess I just have a preference which ones I use, Like B&B sporting goods. Finally got great customer service in there again. B&B is an icon in Burns so I know you've been there. They really don't have much archery stuff but will order it at a great price.

Koyote

S_Oregon

The wagontire unit is a tuff hunt we hunted it last year for the 1st time. We talked to some people that have hunted it for 20 years and they said it was horrible. Very Very low deer numbers. Do your home work

>S_Oregon
>
>The wagontire unit is a tuff
>hunt we hunted it last
>year for the 1st time.
>We talked to some people
>that have hunted it for
>20 years and they
>said it was horrible. Very
>Very low deer numbers. Do
>your home work

well back to the subgect at hand...LOL...well if we get drawn we will be doing a great deal of scoutting, thanx

Sorry about hijacking the post earlier. Anyways, I'll try not to be negative but it's hard with the way things are in this desert now. It's just the way it is, I know two major land holders in the east side of the unit and I have just happen to speak to both of them in the last couple of weeks. It's the same old thing, VERY little deer there in the last 10 years and staying about the same. Some small bucks and an occasional big buck which is a 24 incher these days. One of the places is alfalfa ground and the other is unbelievable deer country that lies in the highest elevation in the unit. Both are disappointing to say the least. Maybe things are better to the south or west side, alfalfa ground is where 95% of all the deer live in this desert these days. Good luck scouting, I hope you turn up something that trips your trigger. Im sure you will be somewhat frustrated scouting but it could turn up a giant. Then you can post pics on here telling how their are big bucks everywhere.

Good Luck, Koyote

Back
Top Bottom