Vortex's and Leupold

C

cowboy57

Ben doing some reseach on spotting scopes and i have ran across something that i can find out about.I have herd that the Vortex's are made japan or china.Some of the guys on here say China some say Japan. What is it?Is there someone out there that has one who can tell me.Our all Vortex's made out of the USA.and is the Leupolds made in China to.cowboy57

LAST EDITED ON Dec-29-11 AT 02:24PM (MST)[p]I just looked at my Viper HD and the sticker say 'Made in PRC'.

I know that will turn a bunch of folk off, but your shoes, socks, pants, shirt, hat, and your wife's lingerie are also made there.

Give them a try. I really like my Viper Spotter, Viper HD binos, Viper 6.5-20x, and 2-7x.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-29-11 AT 02:41PM (MST)[p]If all other things are equal (though they seldom are), I will gladly pay a bit more for USA made. Like wise I'll pay a bit more to buy from the local shop over Cabela's or Sportsman's.

Beyond that, I buy on the merits of the merchandise: quality, durability, customer service, etc... I understand my Leupold was made in the US, my Vortex in China, and my Nikon in Japan. All are well worth what I've invested and I've no buyer's remorse. Same with the Badland's packs, Buck knives, and Swarovski binos. Some made on our side of the pond, some not...

If I'm going to boycott China because its China, then I will need to quit buying a lot of stuff. When I was a kid, stuff from Japan was considered junk and a lot of it was. The Japanese put out a lot of quality stuff at this juncture, no doubt as well as some junk.

Thanks Touchdown and mmwb,I like the Vortex's Viper HD 15x45x65 alot.I was hoping the materail came from China and put together here.I like buying American but at the same time i want the biggest bang for my buck,speckin of buck,buck Knives steel is from China I about sh@# when i found out about that.I was also looking at the Viper's 20x60x80(not HD) that means more saving.cowboy57

Are all the Vortex binoculars made in China? I am wondering about the Viper HD specifically. I really don't know if it should, but that bugs me.

Of course, I just posted the other day about comparing the Viper HD (I thought made in Japan) and the Cabela's Euro (Czech Republic). I am going to replace a non-American made Leupold set I have had for years. So, maybe I am being a total hypocrite. I just don't like buying EVERYTHING from China. It is actually shocking how much stuff is manufactured there now.

I believe that I read on another forum that the Viper HD's are made in Japan while the Talon HD's are made in China.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-31-11 AT 08:04PM (MST)[p]There's a lot of junk made in america too.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom