Vortex?

ELKOHUNTER

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Apr-20-08 AT 07:13PM (MST)[p]I have been looking at Vortex Optics. Warranty looks good but hows the Glass? I need a Spoting Scope I don't have one So I was looking at the "Nomad". What do you think? I was also looking for a pair of backup binoculars to my Leupolds. I was looking at the Diamondbacks 10x42. Can you look through them with your glasses on?. So tell me what you think.

A lot of guys really like the Nomad. I didn't, but I am not sure you can get something better in the price range. I have a Pentax PF65 ED that I feel is far superior, but the retail price is double the Nomad. Warranty is awesome on the vortex. Bought a pair of the 10x42 Razors for my Dad and they are excellent glass. I didn't see anything better for that $. In all, I think Vortex has very good value for whatever money range you are looking at. They seem to have about a thousand different series of binoculars.......... Good luck!

I bought the Nomad last summer and I like it. It is good glass; I am sure there is better out there, but like forkhunter said, I don't know if you can find any better in that price range. I compared it to the Skyline and the Skyline definately has better ability to gather light but it is huge so if you are going to pack it, I would recommend the Nomad.

I just bought the Viper 10X42 binos a few weeks ago. I haven't had alot of chances to use them yet, but the little I have, I am extremely pleased. They are awesome; I'm not sure about the diamondbacks but the Vipers do have adjustable eye pieces so you can use them with glasses.

Fuzzy

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom