vortex warranty

O

oz31p

well i bought a set of vortex viper 10x42 about 2 weeks ago, i love them for the money i can think of a better set of binos. i used the on one rainy javelina hunt, and some time during the hunt with all the wiping the water off the lens i scratch them. i was cleaning up all my gear today and when i took them out of the case i seen the scratch. i about fainted. i was using a lens pen and the silk cloth that it came with. so i sent them off. i hope there warranty is as good as everyone says it its. i guess we'll see.

So far I've heard nothing but praise about how they honor thier warranty. I think you can rest comfortably about wether or not they'll fix them for free. Let us know how it turns out. fatrooster.

I had a Skyline scope lense that suffered the same fate. I called them and explained that it was COMPLETELY my fault and that I was interested in purchasing a new eyepiece. They had me send mine in and I had the new one in like five days. No charge. Their warranty IS everything it's cracked up to be!

I'll bet you'll have a new set in about 10 days... these guys REALLY stand behind what they say.

CSO

It's all about the good times...

i do feel better after hearing that. ill keep you all posted on the results. i m still a little confused on how/when it happend. i was very carful with them as i payed alot of money for them.

i checked there web site and printed out the repair form and sent them out with it. the site did not say any thing about calling first so i just sent them it.

aside from that i have been very impressed with them. i was the guy who always bashed on paying that much for optics. i used cheap Bushnell for years and was quite content, untill i found some extra money and went "shopping". wow what a difference. i went back and looked through my old binos, i cant stand to look through them now. fuzzy on the edges, top and bottom the image bends really bad. but not the viper. sharp and bright edge to edge. it was like looking at the world for first time.

I use 100% pure cotton balls to clean my optics. Don't use the cotton balls with acrylic in them, they will scratch. The lens pens and cloths just keep rubbing the dirt back into your glass. The cotton soaks up a lot of the water on the lenses as well.

We are glad to hear that you are happy with them and as always we will either repair or replace them at no charge to you. This is our warranty and we stand behind it 100%. After all if our customer is not happy then we are not happy. Thank you for purchasing Vortex.

Scott

www.vortexoptics.com

thanks scott i feel much better now. if i had 4 eyes i would buy another set of vipers with out thinking twice,

now im saving for a vortex spotter.

I was in Sportsman Warehouse not to long ago looking at purchasing a new pair of binos. In the process of looking at there optics and what there recommendations are for cleaning the sales person told me under no circumstances should you use the lens pen unless you are using it to brush the dirty off. I have always questions the use of a lens pen after that conversation I will never use a lens pen unless it's to brush the heavy dust off.

400bull

i never had a problem with the lens pens before but this time i was using the silk cloth also just to clear the rain off of them. the scratches were circles so im guessing that they came the silk and grit.

how do you guys clean your optics in the field.

i don't think i mentioned it before but i did get a javelina.

I always blow the lenses off before I clean them with my Spud. Blowing on them removes most of the bigger stuff that can scratch lenses. I clean my Spud ever couple of days throughout the season.

Congratulations on your javelina!

My personal experience with Vortex:

After looking thru a pair of 10x42 Razors & the 20-60x80 Skyline spotter, I sold my Swaro's on ebay, bought a pair of 10x42 razors and the Skyline ED spotter, and a Vortex tripod and still had a little money left over. The quality of the glass is AS GOOD to my eyes as the Swaro's for way less money.

The only bino's that I've looked thru that I would say are higher quality glass are Leica Geovids, but I just can't see spending 2 grand for binos with a horrible warranty.

The razors fogged after a year, I sent them in and had a new pair in less than 5 days.

Vortex has, BY FAR, the best warranty of any product/brand that I know of. The People of Vortex are outstanding to work with.

I highly recomend Vortex optics!

"Windage & Elevation Pilgrim, Windage & Elevation"

i tracked the package and the arrived to vortex on monday but i have not heard any thing yet. but im saving for a vortex spotter.

1fastgambler, you mean fogged on the inside right?

OZ,
I just checked with our repair department and I am guessing yours were the ones with the scratch/gouge on the right occular? If so the occular was replaced and they were sent back to you on Wednesday. If these were not yours call me direct at 800-426-0048 ext 323 and I will find out what the deal is as I can not be 100% sure which ones were yours with out your real name.
www.vortexoptics.com

LAST EDITED ON Mar-04-10 AT 08:24PM (MST)[p]if the typical service is half this good with vortex, i dont see how i could every by any thing else. until they start making rifles.

scott i sent you a pm.

After reading this thread I am more satisfied with my purchase a couple weeks back of my Vortex Nomad spotter. I know it's not top end glass, but it was in my budget.

Vortex has proven to me that they're willing to go above and beyond to make the customer happy! Two great big thumbs up!

oh baby they are back and good as new. when i sent them they were missing the small tag that said vortex on it i did not say anything about the missing tag but they replaced that too.

thank you vortex

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom