vortex vultures

U

Ungulate

I couldnt pass them up. So i got onto cameraland and bought some. So far they are the highest qualitiy optics that my eyes have been able to look through. I have avoided the swaros in order to avoid envy. Should I be scared? the vultures are a big jump from my nikon actions. I am crossing my fingers that the vultures will be my last set of optics until I graduate and have piles of money just sitting around the house. My question is a dangerous one..... From a critical stand point how do they compare to the nikon monarchs and other similar optics. I am being brave and risking my confidence in these optics. The vultures were the best optics that I can currently afford and I just wanting to hear some reviews.

I forgot to mention that I got them in the 10x50's under the assumption that their light gathering capabilities would be better in low light conditions. So far I am not dissapointed and completely satisfied.

I would not second guess the choice of the Vortex Vulture. I personally have no use for a binocular the size of a 10x50, but they are a nice glass. They will certainly qualify as a good value for the money. The Vulture name seems to be going away, those models and sizes will re-emerge as Diamondbacks. Your Vulture is every bit the equal of the Monarch ATB optics. The 50mm objective will confer some advantage in low light situations.

So the thing is, don't worry about "well jeez, what if I'd got a....", that can drive you nuts. Use them and enjoy them and learn from them what optical qualities you want when you do upgrade. They're of as good a general quality, or better,than everything else in that price range.

I got the vultures last month and I love them. I compared them with the Monarchs in the field and couldn't tell much difference other than the eye cups on the monarchs suck. For the price, those 10x50 Vultures can't be beat!
One question for you, are your objective lens covers tight on the lens or do they slide off really easy. That's something that really bugs me about these binos. Other than that, they are a sweet piece of glass.

If the objective side is the side that your eye touch than yes, they don't fit very well but I really don't care about that part. I don't really treat my optics like everyone else does. I get lazy and just use them for what I bought them for. I figured if something goes wrong I'll just use the warranty and spend the money to ship them in.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom