Vortex Tripods?

Dr_Hunter

Very Active Member
I'm looking into getting the Ridgeview tripod. I have an 80mm Swarovski. This tripod too small? I have also looked into the Slik tripods which I have heard some good things. Can't afford the outdoorsman stuff yet. Trying to keep it under $200. Thanks

I wouldn't go with the Ridgeview - it was pretty tippy even with a 65mm Nikon and I remember at least twice it got blown over when I wasn't paying attention. Check out Vortex's Pro GT tripod - it's in your price range, extends 7" higher than the Ridgeview, and should handle a bigger spotter better.

I have one if you want to try it out. Its what I use to mount my bino's on. I would say its a little small for a 80mm. If its windy at all no way. For my Vortex razor. I have the old Vortex carbon fiber tripod. I don't think they make it anymore. If I can help you out with anything let me know.

If you're looking for something lighter for packing, I once had a Manfrotto 190cxpro3. Used it with a 65mm scope but I still think it would work fine with an 80mm. Not under $200 for a new one but a used one should come up for that.

The most sturdy tripod I used was a vanguard something or other, but I wouldn't of tried taking that many places. It was under $200 new.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom