vortex spotting scopre: angled or straight?

I've used both but prefer angled. Some will tell you that angled and window mounts don't mix but you can rotate the scope so it works fine.

TT

I have used both straight and angled extensively over the last 5 years, here is my opinion.

Straight spotting scopes are easier to find something in if you are not used to using an angled spotting scope. they are also easier to use if you are looking down hill. You can also lean it up against a tree if you don't have time to get out your tripod, and have a chance of spotting your game as long as the wind is not blowing the tree (definitely not optimal). you will not get a good look when you do this as you will be moving a little, but it can help you in a pinch.

Angled spotting scopes are easier to look uphill. If you are hunting with other people and you are not all the same height, angled scopes do not need to be adjusted for people of different heights. Taller people just have to bend over a little further to look through the scope. no tripod adjustments are necessary. If you are using a window mount, angled scope heads can be tilted so you don't have to twist you body as far to look through the scope. If you are glassing from your vehicle for a long period of time, this is a real neck and back saver. If you leave the scope set up and the cap off, the angled will collect more dust, not an issue the way most people use a scope.

I have not used the vortex in angled but have used the straight. I have used Swarovski's in both angled and straight and now use the angled as my only scope. I would not go back to a straight now that I have used both types for several years. just my opinion.

I bought a Vortex angled last year and initially regretted it. Took me too long to find things in it versus straight. After a week in the field, I like better than a straight one. I look down the side of the scope to find things at low power and then slowly increase power. IT TAKES GETTING USED TO BUT less neck fatigue in my opinion.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom