Vortex SkylineEDvs.Nikon ProStaff

T

thejollyarcher

I compared these two scopes side by side over the last two weeks.The Vortex had a better fine adjustment with the focus in that it had more range.Other than that,the Nikon beat the Vortex in every other category that was important to me.It was brighter in low light conditions and sharper even though the Vortex had the ED glass and the Nikon did not.The Nikon was shorter,weighed less and was much easier to handle.The Skyline ED is a giant.The Nikon comes with a peep sight for faster target acquisition,the Vortex does not.The view through case that accompanies the Vortex is not much more than a padded bag.Very little thought went into the making of this case.The Nikons view through case was much more streamlined and user friendly with openings in the case to focus and mount the peepsight when needed without having to take the entire case off.With all the talk on the site about these Vortex scopes I just had to order one to do a comparison with the Nikon Prostaff I had just bought a week before.These were my findings for what its worth.

thejollyarcher,
Thank you very much for taking the time to test both of these scopes and report your findings. I was strongly leaning toward the Vortex Skyline non ED, but after reading your review, I have changed my mind. Thank again.
Steve
[email protected]

I don't know much about these particular scopes, but I certainly would suggest that you give any and all scopes in your price range a try if you can. I purchased a Vortex Nomad based on others' opinions........surprise, I was very disappointed. There are a ton of guys who love them, but to me, it doesn't come close to the Pentax I now have, so it was a waste for me to purchase it without trial. Try 'em if you can and you will feel much better about your purchase. No matter what anybody says, personal comfort with the product has a lot to do with what will work best for you.

Thank you for the input forkhunter. I live in a small town and don't really have a lot of opportunity to test out many Scopes, so I am really going off the experience of others. I do appreciate your input on the nomad.
Steve

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom