Vortex scope ?

COLOelkman

Very Active Member
Anyone here have any experience wtih the Vortex scopes. I've seen lots of positives listed for the binos but hadn't heard much on how their scopes compare to say the Nikon Monarchs or a Zeiss Conquest. I bought a Monarch (3x12) last year and am very satisfied but I really liked the Zeiss better but didn't want to pony up the extra $. It would be going on a .338 Win Mag Browning. I know I wouldn't go wrong with the Zeiss except I keep asking myself will the extra money and the somewhat better glass really make any difference in making the shot? I'd guess probably not but all i know if the Zeiss looks sharper to me than Nikon or Leupold or a couple others that were a bit less $ for similar parameters.
So it gets down to comparing a 3x9x40 Zeiss to a 3x12 Nikon or similar Leupold and I know nothing about Vortex. Anyway, I'd appreciate any thoughts.
Doug

I asked the same and got no response. Good luck.

"I'll keep my guns, freedom, and money.
You can keep the "change"!"

They are soon to be removed from my list as it doesn't appear anyone has any experience with these. Looking back thru previous posts tells me almost no responses so they either aren't worth looking at or they are too new. There's a birding store about 2 minutes from where I live that carries Vortex but no rifle scopes, just binos.

My wife used the Vortex Viper 4-12X40 rifle scope with BDC reticle on her .270 WSM to kill this cow at 367 yards. My MIL used a .243 with a diamondback 4-12X40 v-plex rifle scope to take this antelope and my wife took her antelope at 223 yards with the same gun. They've been solid, clear, crisp and hold their zero.

The scopes work great and are a great value.

IMG_0660.jpg

BettySueAntelopehunt-25.jpg

PrettyPic.jpg

"Helping turn good tags, into great ones." - www.vipoptics.com

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom