vortex razor spotting scope??

R

RACKMASTER

where those guys who have bought them?
just need to hear what you guys think...
because no one around here has them to check out and buying it is easy enough ...if I hate it returning it maybe a drag..

4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

Rackmaster,
You will NOT be disappointed. Very good glass, all the bells and whistles you get with a true HD scope. Extremely good in low light conditions. I would stake my name on the fact that you won't be returning it. If you have any questions give me a call.

It's always an adventure!!!
www.awholelottabull.com

We used one on a hunt this last year and the only negative thing I could say is that with the heat waves we couldn't get much more than 20X before it was just too bad to see anything. Otherwise great glass.

The biggest negative I see personally is it is available only in an angled version. Great if you look uphill most of the time, but I strongly prefer straight which they don't offer.

I agree with Fortis. I do a lot of my glassing from up high glassing down lower and straight across a canyons. I also glass first with binos on a tripod and then swap the binos out for the spotter so I like the straight spotters. That is why I haven't purchased one yet. The glass is incredible and I really like the dual focus knob on the Razor which like the Zeiss and Kowa spotters.

Rod

Angled & Straight Models Available RAZOR HD.....

NOTE: The straight models are only available for pre-order. Allow a couple weeks for delivery.
Angled - HD 20-60x85....$1599.00 ea
Straight - HD 20-60x85....$1599.00 ea

I'LL ORDER PER ORDER WHEN I WAKE UP...
The internet is a wonderful thing!

4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

I don't know where you found the straight but when I stopped by there place in Middleton Wednesday and talked with them I was told the straight would be about a year.

I just called Vortex myself, talked to a guy named Tim. He informed me that they would not get any straight EP versions until late 2010 at the earliest, which is what I've known for a while now. RACKMASTER shouldn't be posting stuff about which he knows nothing about.

fortis bite me.....DIC HEAD WANTS TO SLAM ME...FO!
IT WAS CAMERA LAND.....right under the angled add was one for a prepay straight Vortex Razor HD 20-60x85 Spotter
(add say like below)
Angled & Straight Models Available
Part# RZR-A1 & RZR-S1
Price: $1599.99
Angled & Straight Models Available
NOTE: The straight models are only available for pre-order. Allow a couple weeks for delivery.

link :
http://cameralandny1.reachlocal.net/optics/vortex.pl?page=vortexrazor

now for the truth....(god fortis pissed me off)
I get a call form Vortex Friday morning around 8:50 am and its the head honcho at Vortex because I e mailed them to see if the straight was fact!
This very nice man told me all about how demand was high but the straight model may not be out for a another year or more!
and all the shipments they are getting are already been payed for and will not be available (because I asked about why I can't even find a store that has them so I can check it out).
he also said he would talk with camera land about this(sorry Doug)...so I do not want angled spotter and will buy my zeiss 85mm straight Lotutec spotter and spend $600.00 more!!!!

4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

Keep me out of what ever you two have going. I was just wondering and posting what I was told nothing more.

what the hell are you talking about Bogey?
did I even mention you? what you said was fine..you did nothing wrong!
I was going to post my chat wth Vortex saying I was misled and in-correct as soon as I got off work but Fortass had to say what he said...!
"your cool"......

4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom