vortex razor OR zen ray ed2 20-60x spotting scope

S

sk

I'm trying to decide which to buy, I can't make up my mind. I have been recommended by several the vortex is a little better, the company is established, and has the no fault warranty. The warranty was enough reason to make me go vortex.

However, I spoke with charles at zen ray, and he said they will be changing their ed2 spotter warranty to a no fault warranty as well, no matter when it was purchased.

there is a $275 price difference between what i can get the spotters for (i know what the retail price normally is, i am not confused here) and the zen ray also comes with a 30x wide angle lens, an added bonus.

i really want to save the additional $275, but am scared of not maximizing the performance i could get out of a spotting scope as i will not buy another one for many years to come

anyone have any thoughts or opinions that might sway me one way or another? what would you do?

thanks guys

I don't want to repeat myself, but save the money. See my response in the Zen Spotter thread about two lines below this one.

>I don't want to repeat myself,
>but save the money.
>See my response in the
>Zen Spotter thread about two
>lines below this one.

I see....glad to hear that's your opinion I've read many of your zen ray reviews on other forums. Will definitely strongly consider your opinion

Go with the vortex, no question. There are a number of reviews online and the zen-ray, although not bad for the price, is a Chinese made razor knock-off. The majority of the razor is made in Japan. They are NOT the same scope with a different label. Optically the razor is superior. With that said, many of the optics sold by vortex, zen-ray and eagle optics are coming from the same Asian sources.

>Go with the vortex, no question.
>There are a number of
>reviews online and the zen-ray,
>although not bad for the
>price, is a Chinese made
>razor knock-off. The majority of
>the razor is made in
>Japan. They are NOT the
>same scope with a different
>label. Optically the razor is
>superior. With that said, many
>of the optics sold by
>vortex, zen-ray and eagle optics
>are coming from the same
>Asian sources.

I have talked to numerous people who have used both and side by side as well....They say the differences are so slight you would never know the difference without a side by side comparison, and even then it's tough.

I went with the Zen ED2 spotter, wow is all I can say....was looking at shadows of rock formations at 7.2 miles yesterday. I can do a better review in a month or so when i have my digiscoping equipment and more time behind it.

Vortex is more established, but I opted to save the cash for more expensive binos, I pre-ordered the zen ray prime hd's

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom