Vortex Razor HD 8x42

elkhuntn247

How many of you guys got the HDs this year?
any of you get them out in the field yet? I have looked through them indoors and they were nothing short of amazing. but the real test is in the field. I got a STEAL of a deal on a pair so I had to get them. was just gonna go with some talon HDs this year, but I wasnt gonna pass that deal up

Ha cant wait to see how they compare to my ol' mans ELs ;-)

The 10x42's are on my list this year. Please let us know how you like them. I too have looked throught them indoors and agree with your conclusion.

}}-SLIVER-->

I have the 8x42 and think they are great. I have only used them while turkey hunting. No horns yet so I have not really been looking at deer.

Im sure you got a little low light exposure with them turkey hunting? any word on how the 8x42 brightness was in low light conditions??

I have had a Razor HD 8x42 for about two months now. I am pretty impressed with it so far. I have had it beside a lot of alpha class glass and it is not embarrassed by the company. IF, and only IF you have the new Razor HD side by side to a more expensive glass you can see a little difference. But you have to know what you are looking for, and I repeat, you need them side by side. The build quality of the Razor lacks some of the "finishing school finesse" of the alpha, but it should be sufficient to say I think it looks and feels like a $1,200 binocular. It ain't the old Razor.

I think the best way to look at it is a 8x & 10x version of the optics of the Kiabab series.

I have thought it did very well in the low light and so did other friends. I had some 10x42 Geovids when I got these and I thought the Razor was clearer, brighter, and provided a sharper image. I got rid of the Geovids as I don't like the placement of the laser button for me as a right hander

>I have had a Razor HD
>8x42 for about two months
>now. I am pretty
>impressed with it so far.
> I have had it
>beside a lot of alpha
>class glass and it is
>not embarrassed by the company.
> IF, and only IF
>you have the new Razor
>HD side by side to
>a more expensive glass you
>can see a little difference.
> But you have to
>know what you are looking
>for, and I repeat, you
>need them side by side.
> The build quality of
>the Razor lacks some of
>the "finishing school finesse" of
>the alpha, but it should
>be sufficient to say I
>think it looks and feels
>like a $1,200 binocular.
>It ain't the old Razor.
>
>
>I think the best way to
>look at it is a
>8x & 10x version of
>the optics of the Kiabab
>series.

From what you guys think, along with what Ive seen I feel that I spent that 750.00 well :) Cant wait to get them out in the field. Im curious how they will compare to my dads swaro ELs

I just picked up a pair of the 10 x 42 Razor HD's and I think they are fantastic. I had a pair of viper 10 x 42's (not the new HD's) and they are noticeably better. The crispness of the edges, the darks are a lot darker, the definition is enhanced and the resolution is picturesque...It seriously feels like you are watching a HD tv vs a standard definition old school tv. The eye relief is also better which is great for eyeglass wearers like me.

I had nothing but luck with my viper 10 x 42's, and for the money I think they are the best bino on the planet (that is until they came out with the viper HD's)...Compact and lightweight as well. We all know the vortex warranty is the best out there too. If you are willing to chip in a little more dough, the razor HD's are amazing.

You still get some edge to edge distortion with the razor HD's, but I tend to focus on what is in the center of my view. I think that is where the ultra high end stuff has them...edge to edge. I have not compared them to ultra high end stuff yet, but it doesn't matter...it is not worth the extra $1K.

What is the difference between the the VIper HD and the Razor HD other than $600 and a different body?

}}-SLIVER-->

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom