Vortex or Zen Ray?

fatrooster

Long Time Member
For the last couple of years I have been hearing lots of great reviews on the Vortex binoculars and how they compare with the big three European bino's. Now we are hearing great reviews on the Zen Rays and they are also being put up on the same level as the "Big Three." So my question is this. If I were to buy one of these brands of bino's which one do you feel is the better bino. I'm looking at Vortex's top of the line 10x42 bino and Zen Rays top of the line 10x42 bino. Why do you think your choice is better? fatrooster.

Vortex seems better built to me, but I'd say Zen-Ray offers a better view for less money. Warranty is pretty much the same.

The view through the Zen Ray ED2 is fantastic in my 10x, on par with my buddy's EL and slightly superior to my trinovid and my neighbor's SLC's. They have been very reliable so far (only 2 months), but I'm trying my best to abuse them to see how tough they are!

I've pretty much had 'em all at one point or another.

I'd recommend Zen Ray, although both are great choices. You would not be sorry with the ED2s. In my opinion the best value in optics right now. Vortex also makes great glass for the money.

vortex don't compare to the big three. bought new vortex binos (viper) and spotter (skyline ed) for a friends sheep hunt my brother had both in swaro. wished i had saved money for later purchase.

First, I think that the big three is really the big four because the Nikon EDG is at the same level. I put the Nikon EDG, Zeiss FL, Leica and Swarovskis in the same category and call it tier one glass.

Regarding the Vortex vs. Zen Ray, you have to put them side by side on tripods and compare them. Reasonable people will reach different conclusions I suspect. I prefer the Vortex but might feel differently if price were a priority because the ZRs are a pretty good value.

Wade
www.HardcoreOutdoor.com

fatrooster, I know you're a bow hunter and after using the ZR ED's for my hunt this year, I'd have to reccommend them to anyone!! By far the best value vs price on the market today...Get em and you'll love em!!

~Z~

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom