Vortex nomad

S

shootNarrows

Does anyone have the vortex nomad. I was looking at getting one what do you guys think of it. It's only 330 what does it compare to is it like leupold saquia. or Cabelas big sky or worse or better any info would help.

I have the Nomad and love it. I would say that IMO, it is the best scope for the price on the market. The high dollar scopes will retain light a little better in those first and last moments of light, but after putting my Nomad side by side with a Zeiss, there wasn't anything that would justify the price difference. Besides, Vortex warranty is the best around. You will be happy with the scope..

I had the Sequia 20-60x80 and what a heavy P.O.S.!! I sold my Sequia to some poor sap and had a few dollars and was looking at the nomad vs. nikon prostaff. The Nomad had very good glass for the price, was compact and light but felt the prostaff was much brighter in low light with a clearer image and was only a few dollars more. My prostaff is a 15-48 so I am lacking a bit of the higher magnification but on the same 50 power range as the vortex could pick out object with a bit more clarity. Has been an awesome scope for me so far.

I have a 1 and a half old Vortex Nomad that i am looking to sell if your interested give me a call or text 801 616 7603.

I have a Vortex nomad and a Nikon prostaff 15-48.My brother has the Leupold Saquia
Hands down in every category the Nikon is the best out of the three

LAST EDITED ON Jul-20-11 AT 11:35AM (MST)[p]I just did a full review on the Vortex Nomad yesterday and am putting it online today: http://www.bestforhunting.com/?p=806.

I will agree, it is a great scope for the price. I did not care for some of the mechanics though such as a tight zoom, a lot of adjustment to focus, and the annoying view through case. Check out the review for more details and a digiscope video (as soon as I can get it up)

I tested it along side my 4 year old Nikon ProStaff 16-48X62mm, and the ProStaff beats it on all levels except looks (it is ugly). I would save a $70 and get the prostaff.

Check it out what I have to say about the Nikon Prostaff here: http://www.bestforhunting.com/best-spotting-scope-for-hunting/

Also, I know a lot of people like Zen-Ray and I see they have a spotting scope for $280. Probably not a bad deal.

Its better than the sequia. If ya need a spotter and dont have enough to get a higher end scope then go with the nomad over 40 power they are practically useless I had an eypiece take a crap on me on mine but they back their warranty up. If ya can save your money and go with a swaro HD im tellin ya ill never go back and i can tell what im lookin at at 60 power. But for the money the vortex is good and its really lightweight and compact. The razor HD is a good scope as well.

I was in the same situation 4 years ago. I chose the Nomad and have used it a lot throughout the years. I pack it with me every time I am in the field and it's always got the job done. I dropped it once and broke it. I got a new one within a week no questions asked. With that being said, I have swarovski binoculars and I can't wait to upgrade to the swaro spotter. It sounds like the nikon has some great reviews. Stay away from the Leupold! I've used it and it's horrible. Not sure on the cabelas model.

I have the Pro Staff and Nomad both about the same two years old. I won the Nomad in a drawing. The Pro Staff is better in my opinion in every aspect IMO.

Screw the prostaff, get a nomad.

Here's some video I took through it using a digiscpoping set up. That's pretty good quality for a scope under $300. I take it everywhere. It's light and does the job. The vortex warrantee is enough reason to buy the scope itself.

I bought the vortex skyline 20-60x80 ed at cameralandny.com about a month and half ago for under 500 wich at the time before it was discontinued it was at sportsmans for almost 800 but i love it. well woth the money but a little heavy but its a large scope i would put it up to swaro, meopta,nikon without a doubt.

moseley middleton

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom