vortex nomad

theox

Very Active Member
so im thinkin of getting a nomad id rather get abetter one but money is kinda tight right now.

just wondering if you like yours and how it did. any info on them in field use would be appreciated.

They are not Swarovski's. But I like mine for the money. Works well for most situations.

Grizzly

First off, +1 grizzly

I like mine as well. It is light and easy to carry, and I think for the money it is hard to beat.

The negative: I have already sent it back to vortx once to have the "zoom" fixed. (They were great to work with.)
I found that I left mine on 20X a lot, because I was not happy with the clarity on higher mag. I used it last on an LE elk hunt and was using it to try to score bulls from a distance. A friend had a swaro spotter, and it was definately easier to judge those bulls with his. I bought a swaro this year, but am keeping the Nomad for a back up and a scope to throw in my pack.

Love mine. As said, don't expect it to do the same as a Swaro, but it is still alot better than alot of scopes in the same price range. Mine does ok in the low light, no complaints.

Here is a pic I took with mine.

3525vscn5237.jpg

This is a pic of low light conditions. It was late in the evening and overcast over 1/2 mile away.

1348dscn5248.jpg

cool thanks guys! think ill prob get one til i can afford to upgrade to leica or swaro

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom