Vortex Nomad & Skyline

cmbbulldog

Very Active Member
OK - need your help guys. Really cant decide which of these spotters to get, so I would like to hear from the folks that have used these in the field. I like the Nomad because it weights about half of the Skyline, and also is quite a bit cheaper. Am I losing a lot of quality when I go from the Skyline to the Nomad. What about the difference between the Skyline and Skyline ED? Thoughts?

I purchased the Skyline, but ended up returning it due to the size. The glass was great, but it was just a little to big for my backpack. I ended up with the nomad and I have been happy with it. If I could get a nomad sized scope with the skyline glass that would be it. Overall, I have nothing bad to say about either and would have to say get the one that will fit your needs. Sorry I have no experience comparing the skyline and the skyline ED. Hope this helps.

Nrueh

+1. It's like asking which one is better - a full size pickup for a sports car? The Nomad and Skyline are both great. One is big and has excellent optics and one is small with not-quite-as-good optics.

I have the Skyline and it does fit in my pack alright, but that's a lot of scope to pack around all day. Me, I'd rather pack it up high and use it for hours on end and find the game than compromise quality and eye relief. Either way, you get good glass for the money.

I am selling a Skyline ED in the classifieds..I used it for a cow elk hunt and watching the winter deer herds.. The glass was great..no complaints other than the ones above, it is a big scope to lug around in your pack. It is just a tad larger than the Swarovski 80. I got a good deal on a used Swarovski 65, that is the only reason I am parting with it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom