Vortex High Country Tripod

B

bigpapacow

I ordered a vortex high country tripod from optics planet a month ago and they keep pushing the date back saying they are out of stock. Anyone know of a dealer that has them in stock currently. I am ready to cancel my order with optics planet and go elsewhere if there is an option....

I ordered through opticsplanet in June and they were backordered until Aug, then Sep, Now when? I told optics planet to cancel last week when they notified me it was backordered again. Sounds like vortex has dropped the ball on this one. From what I have heard it might not be all that great anyway.
Bgmhiker

I walked into my local mom-n-pops shop here in Ogden, Kents Sports to be specific, and bought one off the shelf last week. Great pod for the price!

I think that these dealers have dropped the ball. I got the last one that Cowslayer had. He told me months ago that they were backordered until Sep. I think that some dealers are leading customers on to keep the orders coming in.

Awesome tripod for the money. I have taken it out a few times and it has been great.

IMAGE_030.jpg

Andy

-----------------------------------------------
http://www.trophyblogger.com/Andymansavage

I ordered one back in June and they were back ordered then. I called Vortex and spoke with the sales manager and he found me one at another dealer and sent it out right away. I have forgotten his name but he was very helpful. You might try that route. The tripod is a nice one for the money.

Vortex is the brand and High Country is the model. I just recieved an email from optics planet as well telling me that my pod has shipped. Thank goodness...Only a month and a half after they said I would recieve it.....I don't think I will ever purchase from them again after this.

I went down to the only place here that handles the Vortex brand, a Bird Lovers store.
They only had three models on the floor w/spotting scopes attached and none were the High country. So I asked the nice lady about the High country, she knew nothing about it and I would have to talk with the store owner but he would not be in till noon time.
Here it is 3:15pm and still no return call.
I picked up a Product catalog and even found it inside and showed the nice lady and so she wrote it all down along with my name etc.

Taking bets I don't hear back till sometime next week. It does have 5 sections of leg extensions on that model and only weighs 2.1 pounds

Brian

Glad no one took me up on the bets, the owner saw the note and my name and called just before 5pm today.

He would call the Distributor on Monday and see if they are available. Said they come from Wisc. and told me that my cost would be $75.00. Is that anywhere close to what you have been quoted?

Brian

LAST EDITED ON Sep-22-08 AT 09:26PM (MST)[p] I ordered the High Country tripod on 9-17-08 from the Vortex website. They farmed out the shipping to my closest dealer, a birder supply outfit which happened to be in CA, and the tripod arrived today with UPS on the 22nd. It arrived on the 5th work day after ordering, I'd say that is good service. I paid $99.00 and the tripod appears worth that much to me.

Jim

Not to be a winer but mine just broke after the 4th day out. The junction where the neck meets,(threaded area) so now the neck can been raised fully.

>Question, why is there a seam
>and threads in the neck?
>

My guess is, so you can unscrew the bottom half of the column to allow the tripod to go as low as possible with the legs extended fully outward. Hope that makes sense.....

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom