Vortex field day- video

AndymanSavage

Very Active Member
Thanks again Paul, that was a lot of fun. From what I saw, Vortex optics are great. All pics and video were taken through the Vortex spotters. Shaky video is of far away bucks in high wind, sorry.

Andy

Andy,

Thanks for posting the vid....it was nice meeting you.

Paul, Thanks for supplying the optics

Very nice!

Had a great time. Too bad we didn't take the time to get some pics of that bull moose! He was a stud!!!

LAST EDITED ON Jul-25-07 AT 08:25AM (MST)[p]Can anyone that attended give some feedback on the different optics, pros & cons. Also, anyone have any desire to do this in the Southern end of the state?

Thanks

me neither. Would like t see the video, I am interested in the Optics and would like to see what there all about.

Jeff

Paul,

Had a great time meeting you and Andy. We got to compare different models and even saw a few impressive bucks....That moose was HUGE!....Thanks for supplying all the optics to check out and compare. After checking out the bino's and spotters, I was very impressed with this glass. I really like the feel and looks of the Razors...good FOV, light gathering and ergo. The new 12x50's are very light and compact just like my Cabela's Alaskan Guides. The other pair I liked were the Stokes...the focus was real smooth and after the sun went down was still able to see great. I wanted to also check out the spotters. I have the Cabels'a Big Sky ED and wanted to compare it to the Skyline ED and Nomad. In low light conditions I found the Vortex's to have a slight advantage...not very noticable. I really like the angled version and features of the ED. The Nomad is a very small, compact spotter (20-60x60)..I am sold on it. I'm going to trade my Cabela's for the Nomad. ...also much cheaper at around $350 or so compared to the Big Sky at $650. The Impact is a great buy for the price and packability. Very lightweight and small. The only downfall I could see was in low light, wasn't as clear as the Nomad and Skyline. Also as you zoomed in to 75x the view got considerably darker and not as clear to the edges.

These are great optics and you can't beat the warranty. Yes, they are a little pricey, but you get what you pay for....quality, customer service, great glass, etc. I was very impressed with the qualty and feel of teh bino's and spotters. If you have the $ these are a great choice.

http://www.trophyblogger.com/Goat

http://www.trophyblogger.com
http://www.muleyradio.com

email.jpg

That music was so gay I couldn't even finish the video.

To bad you will be hunting the Southern unit ha ha.

You told me that this was our song you bastage...

Really , does anyone know how to import lisenced music into windows movie maker?

C'mon Joe, you couldn't finish the video because you had to get up and dance and you know it.

Andy

Could you guys list the spotters you but the vortex up against?? Curious if they were compared to the luepold gold ring 12x40x60??

>Could you guys list the spotters
>you but the vortex up
>against?? Curious if they
>were compared to the luepold
>gold ring 12x40x60??

I have looked through this scope outside at cabelas and I would say that the vortex was clearer.

Andy

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom