Vortex Extreme ... Who's Doing It?

Founder

Founder Since 1999
So who all is planning on doing the Vortex Extreme long-range shooting event?

Every year I plan to do it, then never end up getting out to shoot the rifle enough. So, I haven't done it yet. Who here on the site has done it and what's your take? Super challenging?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For those not aware, here are some details........
Held at the Spirit Ridge Rifle Golf long-rage shooting facility in Tremonton, Utah July 26-27, the Vortex Extreme requires each team of two to navigate the 7-mile course on foot carrying everything needed to successfully engage targets out to 1,200 yards. Final scores are a compilation of how well each team shoots and how long it takes them to complete the course.

More Detail & Registration:
http://www.vortexoptics.com/content/vortex_extreme

* First Place: $1,500 and the Vortex Extreme Trophy
* Second Place: $700
* Third Place: $500
* Prize drawings from reputable companies
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

I did it last year. It was one of the toughest races I've done and I do half marathons, tough mudder and Spartan races. It was hot, steep at times and if you go in with the intent on winning it you better be able to shoot. My partner and I (a SWAT sniper) finished middle of the pack last year. It's well worth it. Spirit Ridge does a great job. It's organized and the Vortex sponsorship makes it one of the nicest shoots I've been to. But don't think you're going to go in there and just walk away with the prize money. There are some athletes running this and better yet, athletes that can shoot!

It's always an adventure!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom