vortex diamondback scopes

I

IDbones

anyone have any experience with them? id like to get a viper but honestly just cant afford it. i hunt rugged terrain and if its not a rock solid scope i cant afford to hike into hells canyon and not have an operational scope. any info would be great thank you

i literally just bought the diamondback 4-12 bdc at sportsmans in meridian for 199. i love the reticle. mounting it on my 25-06 this week so i'll know a little more about it's value by next week

so i tested out my 4-12x40 diamondback bdc without the AO feature twice this last week. i love it. it is mounted on a ruger m77 25-06.

the reticle is sweet and i really like the dots they used for their droplines, especially vs. nikon's circles and other brands.

the scope does get a little blury on 12x at further distances but i'm already used to it and it won't be a problem in actual hunting situations. the only place i notice it is at the range when i'm trying to focus on a 2" bullseye at 300 yards... the AO feature is supposed to fix this but every person i talked to and review i read agreed that it was not worth the extra $100 if you are using the scope exclusively in hunting situations.

i went with this scope instead of a burris or similar price point scope because of the reticle, the warranty and the reviews. i could not find a negative review on it.

the real test will be on my elk hunt this year in november to see how it does in a flat light/wet/foggy environment but so far so good and i'm very pleased with what I got for $200.

I have a 3.5-10x50 with the BDC on a 7mag that performed very well at the range. I bought mine a few years back when the prices were quite a bit higher.

I bought this scope last year and mounted it on a old 30-06.

My hunt was wet and foggy. I shot my elk at 340 yrds. I love the drop-down markings on it, made shot placement very easy. Just make sure the balistic chart for you ammo matches up with the scope. I am too cheap to spend $2/round, but I sighted it in 1" high at 100 yrds. and that seemed to work just fine.

Excellent scope, great warranty, incredible price. No complaints for me at all.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom