Vortex again, I looked through em

ForkWest

Very Active Member
Had the Vortex Skyline 80mm (not ED), Swarovski 80mm, and Nikon Earth/Sky 60mm side by side out front of Kent's Sports in Ogden looking at Mt. Lewis. WOW is all I can say. I spent about 30 minutes comparing them. Here's the run down. If I rate the Swarovski the highest at 100% the vortex was right there at about 95%, and the Nikon about 60%. I can easily settle for a 95% scope for $429 vs Swaros $2200. I'm going back with the credit card. And the unconditional unlimited warranty, holy cow. Quoted straight from their borchure "Vortex will repair or replace the porduct absolutely free - no matter the casue!" You guys need to check these out. Looked through the Razors as well, amazing for the price.

If you are not set on buying them from that particular store, make sure you check with Doug at Cameraland. He may have a better price----and the service will definitely be good. Just got some Razors for my Dad from Doug. Dad is thrilled.

Forkwest, I think you were looking at Lewis Peak. How was the size and weight compared to each other?

Ya you're right, I got my wires cross with Lewis Peak, and Mt. Ogden.

As far as size comparison, nearly identical:

Vortex
17.7"
56.4oz

Swaro
17.3"
56.1oz

LAST EDITED ON Mar-29-07 AT 03:57PM (MST)[p]Thanks for the update.

I've said it a bunch already, but for the money there is not a better product out there.

I can't wait to look at the ED versions!

LAST EDITED ON Mar-29-07 AT 08:10PM (MST)[p]I bought a pair of Razors and a Nomad spotting scope!!! Oh baby they are great. I looked through them a bunch before purchasing and for the price I couldn't beat them!!!

I've been converted, and can't wait til the baptism by fire this fall!!! Look for some pics to follow this coming season. I've also got tag fever, baby.

As a side note, does anyone remember the old club downtown called the Vortex? I think there were cages down there if I remember right... I mean I hear there were cages down there :).

CS

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom