Viper HD 20-60x80 Spotting Scope

H

hunt4130

Anyone have any reviews on the new viper series spotting scoped, considering the Viper HD 20-60x80. Love the binos i have.

Mike

We will be reviewing it, and the smaller viper hd, the first week of July, we hope!
ireviewgear.com

awesome I cant wait! it looks solid and Id imagine its a good piece of equipment. waiting for sportsman's to get one in so i can play with it some!

thanks!

Back ordered for 4 weeks !!! Vortex has zero in stock and not sure how many will trickle in. They are made in Japan shipped into vortex US, inspected by the vortex staff then shipped out to distributors . Then they go to our local vendors! This better be good glass or I'm going to be pissed off!!

Droptine, I finally touched these yesterday. Seem nice. Sending you a message.

Also, sticker right on them says "Made in PRC". Peoples Republic china, which DOES NOT thrill me at all.

Just talked to vortex 100% made in China glass and all!! : ( should I cancel my order??

regardless its a good scope. im about to purchase one! for the money i feel its a great buy! what did you end up doing droptin

I'm keeping it on order. The Vortex rep said, IF I looked through it and was not satisfied with it It could be returned with no charge. I'm going with the 15x45 @ $545.00 I cant see paying $700 for Chinese optics..

That'd the one I want. Who are u getting it through? I think you'll like it. I looked through one for about 2 he's and loves it.

Quote from Vortex.

"Yes they are made in China, but before you totally disregard this scope let me enlighten you to a few secrets of the optics world. 98% of the spotting scopes that are under $1000 are made in China even the Leupold Kenai(made in china is right on the box) that you are looking at. You can find some 65mm and under spotters right around $1000 that are made in Japan, but the overall quality is not as good as the higher end Chinese stuff. Essentially all I am trying to say is that if you want to stay in the under $1000 realm you don't have many choices, Chinese is pretty much it. That being said they are actually producing some pretty nice stuff these days and for the prices you just cant beat them.

We would absolutely love to do all of our products here in the USA ,but unfortunately we would not be in business for very long."

I just bought the Razor HD and returned it already, the focus knob broke off!! Cant have that happening, I need it too much.
Got my 1350.00 back and bought the Swaro 80mm HD. alot of money but I know it wont break. Overall the Razor 's Glass was good....GREAT, but the construction was like a little japaneze guy put it together......no wait!
just my thought's booner

I bought a pair of Vortex HD 15s in June/July, and they say Made in Japan? My friend is planning on buying the spotter next year, but are all the new ones made in China?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom